What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby joejlitz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:42 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Saw Taken last night, it was awesome, intense story line, but the ending was kinda lame. 8.5/10

Watched Righteous Kill on Pay Per View today, it was alright, not really great, but whatever.

I liked the ending of Taken - the bad guy only had to get killed once.
Last edited by joejlitz on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:30 pm

Yeah I watched Righteous Kill the other day and was not impressed. Also watched Rock-n-Rolla and really liked it, it's not nearly as good as Snatch but it's still a solid flick.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Just finished watching Gremlins again and the TV host said this was one of two movies that led the MPAA to create the PG-13 rating. Interesting. They said the 1st PG-13 movie ever was the totally awesome Red Dawn.

"The Colonel: All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid.
Robert: It keeps me warm."

WOLVERINES!

Red Dawn's one of my all time favs. ;-D

I just psyched myself up and had to add Red Dawn to my queue. :-]
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby eagles21 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Watched "Mirrors" last night. Pretty freaky movie, and I liked the ending. 7.5/10. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:04 pm

joejlitz wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Saw Taken last night, it was awesome, intense story line, but the ending was kinda lame. 8.5/10

Watched Righteous Kill on Pay Per View today, it was alright, not really great, but whatever.

I liked the ending of Taken - the bad guy only had to get killed once.

really? it was just sorta anti-climactic I thought. Evil dude sticks his face way out to the side like 'hey shoot me in the forehead', that's that and then they go to the visiting the singer's house...eh.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:22 am

Funny Games 5/10

I see it as a darkly satirical look on "torture" type movies(think: Saw or Hostel) and how we americans have become so desensitized to violence and shocking behavior yadda, yadda, yadda. The movie just isn't that entertaining though, kinda sluggish- and don't get me wrong, this isn't a comedy by any means. Sure there are few great scenes that showcase the potential to encourage discussion and we get to see Naomi Watts in her underwear for an extended period of time, but overall nothing that strikes a real nerve with me( have I become one of these jaded americans?). OR maybe the director was going for that, who knows?
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Tyeattolah » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Pink Panther 2 - a lot funnier than Martin's first PP movie. In fact, I was laughing pretty much during the whole movie. Comedy value... 8 outta 10. Overall, 5 outta 10!

Going to see Taken tomorrow so have not read any of the revealing comments posted earlier...but hear its a good one!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:52 pm

Friday the 13th 7/10

Solid remake that could've been better but definitely could've been worse. You know what to expect: Lots of sex, scares, and death scenes. The third act of the film was the weakest IMO and I just cannot support Jared Padalecki as an actor, but overall it was quite the crowd pleaser- lots of cheers, jeers, and jumps. Also there was a huge line waiting for the next showing after our movie got out(around 7:30 Fri), so I expect it to do big business over the weekend.
Last edited by cardiac cats on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:18 pm

Tyeattolah wrote:Pink Panther 2 - a lot funnier than Martin's first PP movie. In fact, I was laughing pretty much during the whole movie. Comedy value... 8 outta 10. Overall, 5 outta 10!

Going to go see this tonight. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:38 am

Tyeattolah wrote:Pink Panther 2 - a lot funnier than Martin's first PP movie. In fact, I was laughing pretty much during the whole movie. Comedy value... 8 outta 10. Overall, 5 outta 10!

Going to see Taken tomorrow so have not read any of the revealing comments posted earlier...but hear its a good one!

poor Peter Sellers probably rolled back over in his grave
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk