What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:09 pm

joejlitz wrote:Saw Eagle Eye last night. Liked it, though was a bit disappointed but can't say why without spoiling the movie.

As for you "store renters," what's up with that? Join Netflix or Blockbuster online. It's the best. No late fees. Movies arrive in 2 days and I think I pay 19.99 a month for 3 at a time. Plus, with Blockbuster online, you can return the one you got in the mail for a movie from the store - so you get an instant movie and another one arrives at your house in 2 days (unless you live in Timbuktwo).

Yeah I had Netflix when I was in Cali and loved it. I just haven't gotten around to signing up again, and really I haven't been watching as many movies as I used to since I started school.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:54 pm

I"ve got the most basic Netflix account, something like $9/month for one video at a time. It's a good way to catch up on movies I didn't see in theater and that I wouldn't get around to going to a video store for. My next three on tap are the Bourne trilogy, believe it or not, I haven't seen any of them.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:39 pm

bungle613 wrote:I watch a bunch of movies but really, for new movies there hasn't been anything out in so long that I HAD to see I wait and just buy them. A rental from blockbuster up here (Canada) I think is $6 and I can buy a used movie from blockbuster about 6-8 weeks after release for the same price. I go once every couple of months and drop $60-80 bucks and pick up 10-15 movies.

That sucks. If I was still in Colombia, I would'a hooked you up with a bunch of pirated ones. $1 each and DVD quality for new releases. Maybe next time...
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:31 pm

joejlitz wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I watch a bunch of movies but really, for new movies there hasn't been anything out in so long that I HAD to see I wait and just buy them. A rental from blockbuster up here (Canada) I think is $6 and I can buy a used movie from blockbuster about 6-8 weeks after release for the same price. I go once every couple of months and drop $60-80 bucks and pick up 10-15 movies.

That sucks. If I was still in Colombia, I would'a hooked you up with a bunch of pirated ones. $1 each and DVD quality for new releases. Maybe next time...

We ain't that archaic up here. Not sure about downtown prices anymore since I moved out of the downtown core but average price for bootlegs is 7 for $20. They literally have just about everything and DVD quality. Slumdog, Taken, International, Benjamin Button etc...

I buy them once in awhile but have no issues buying flicks for $5 a pop from Blockbuster.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby cardiac cats » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:45 pm

The Shawshank Redemption 8.5/10

Saw it for the first time yesterday. Truly a fascinating and uplifting story. Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins were fantastic ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guru13 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:15 pm

Saw Watchmen last night, very good..very long. I wish I had read the graphic novel first, but still very good. 8/10
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Watchmen 8.5/10

pretty cool I must say. The opening credits were amazing IMO, very memorable(an iconic montage if you will)... and not having read the graphic novel I was still sucked in to the storyline and enjoyed the movie quite a bit. To sum it up, Watchmen is a very unique experience; a crazy movie, but in a good way :-)
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joejlitz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:01 pm

Saw "The Strangers" today on DVD with my wife (Liv Tyler...lead actress - not my wife). The first 45 minutes was a 10/10 for suspense. Our hearts were pounding the entire time. The last 30 minutes were good, but a little overdrawn. Mediocre ending, too but overall a 7.5/10.

If you're looking for a good suspense/terror movie (not horror - this isn't a Jason Vorhees type movie), this is the one for you! ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:32 am

Milk

Penn does a fantastic job in his portrayal of gay rights activist Harvey Milk, he deserves all the recognition and acclaim he got for it. The film itself was a bit disjointed at times and I would have liked to know a bit more about some of the characters but overall it was a great film. Honestly I knew little about Harvey Milk which is actually kind of sad, his story is one everyone should know about. His struggle to unite the gay community and his fight for basic human rights is very touching, it's much more than a "gay rights" story it's a civil rights story. The parallels between Harvey Milk and Martin Luther King Jr. are actually quite staggering. Excellent film - 8.5/10
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Tyeattolah » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:51 pm

FInally got to watch Man on Fire and American Ganster...both really awesome movies and Denzel is amazing in both. Both had great story lines and lots of action! ;-D ;-D ;-D

Just started watching Vantage POint...didn't get to finish it yet but will soon as I get home from business trip...a very interesting concept in movie making! ;-D
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk