What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Tyeattolah wrote:FInally got to watch Man on Fire and American Ganster...both really awesome movies and Denzel is amazing in both. Both had great story lines and lots of action! ;-D ;-D ;-D

Just started watching Vantage POint...didn't get to finish it yet but will soon as I get home from business trip...a very interesting concept in movie making! ;-D

I found Vantage Point interesting. Can't say I would watch another movie in that kind of format but it was definately an interesting concept.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:50 pm

Don't know if any of you have seen The Foot Fist Way, but it was weird. And funny at times, but mostly, definitely weird. A guy at work lent it to me since we're involved in Taekwondo and it was a funny movie about a very disfunctional teacher, his marriage, his idol, and his students. Just a weird movie.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:10 am

Role Models

Hilarious. The "kids" make the movie, they were too funny. Why seeing a little kid talk like that to me is so funny I have no idea. The Lair scenes cracked me up too. Overall just a funny, silly movie. 7.5/10
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Watched Walk Hard again. It was awesome...again. :-B

Some lines from one of my favorite songs from the movie, the Bob Dylan-esque one.

Dewy Cox wrote:Mailboxes drip like lampposts in the twisted birth canal of the coliseum
Rim job fairy teapots mask the temper tantrum
O' say can you see 'em
Stuffed cabbage is the darling of the Laundromat
'N the sorority mascot sat with the lumberjack
Pressing passing stinging half synthetic fabrication of his-- Time
The mouse with the overbite explained how the rabbits were ensnared
'N the skinny scanty sylph trashed the apothecary diplomat
Inside the three-eyed monkey within inches of his toaster oven life

:-b
Metroid

Postby stomperrob » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Metroid wrote:Milk

Penn does a fantastic job in his portrayal of gay rights activist Harvey Milk, he deserves all the recognition and acclaim he got for it. The film itself was a bit disjointed at times and I would have liked to know a bit more about some of the characters but overall it was a great film. Honestly I knew little about Harvey Milk which is actually kind of sad, his story is one everyone should know about. His struggle to unite the gay community and his fight for basic human rights is very touching, it's much more than a "gay rights" story it's a civil rights story. The parallels between Harvey Milk and Martin Luther King Jr. are actually quite staggering. Excellent film - 8.5/10

Just watched this last night - I agree it was an excellent movie. Great story and really well done! Interesting to watch the special features about Harvey Milk too contained on the DVD.

Also watched The Boy In the Striped Pajamas - it was pretty good too.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:12 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Metroid wrote:Milk

Penn does a fantastic job in his portrayal of gay rights activist Harvey Milk, he deserves all the recognition and acclaim he got for it. The film itself was a bit disjointed at times and I would have liked to know a bit more about some of the characters but overall it was a great film. Honestly I knew little about Harvey Milk which is actually kind of sad, his story is one everyone should know about. His struggle to unite the gay community and his fight for basic human rights is very touching, it's much more than a "gay rights" story it's a civil rights story. The parallels between Harvey Milk and Martin Luther King Jr. are actually quite staggering. Excellent film - 8.5/10

Just watched this last night - I agree it was an excellent movie. Great story and really well done! Interesting to watch the special features about Harvey Milk too contained on the DVD.

Also watched The Boy In the Striped Pajamas - it was pretty good too.

Yeah the extras were cool, I would have liked to have seen some interviews with Milk though. :-?
Metroid

Postby Guru13 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Metroid wrote:Watched Walk Hard again. It was awesome...again. :-B

Some lines from one of my favorite songs from the movie, the Bob Dylan-esque one.

Dewy Cox wrote:Mailboxes drip like lampposts in the twisted birth canal of the coliseum
Rim job fairy teapots mask the temper tantrum
O' say can you see 'em
Stuffed cabbage is the darling of the Laundromat
'N the sorority mascot sat with the lumberjack
Pressing passing stinging half synthetic fabrication of his-- Time
The mouse with the overbite explained how the rabbits were ensnared
'N the skinny scanty sylph trashed the apothecary diplomat
Inside the three-eyed monkey within inches of his toaster oven life

:-b

I absolutely freakin' love that movie.

when Dewey is on the phone and that guy totally naked asks "have you seen my sandals?", hysterical...genius. That and the "Let's Duet" song - actually my neighbors band covered it (one of their singers is a chick), it was awesome. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Maybe I'm just a little homophobic, but I can't stand to purposely watch a movie where two guys kissed. I tried watching Brokeback Mountain and couldn't make it all the way through.

Am I in the minority here?

EDIT: I'm not homophobic. I think lesbians are awesome. I just don't want to see guys kiss.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:22 pm

joejlitz wrote:Maybe I'm just a little homophobic, but I can't stand to purposely watch a movie where two guys kissed. I tried watching Brokeback Mountain and couldn't make it all the way through.

EDIT: I'm not homophobic. I think lesbians are awesome. I just don't want to see guys kiss.

Yeah you're homophobic, not in the minority which is unfortunate, but homophobic.
Metroid

Postby joejlitz » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Metroid wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Maybe I'm just a little homophobic, but I can't stand to purposely watch a movie where two guys kissed. I tried watching Brokeback Mountain and couldn't make it all the way through.

Yeah you're homophobic, not in the minority which is unfortunate, but homophobic.

No...I don't think so. I have a gay Army buddy who I consider to be a great friend. Although he and I no longer live in the same area, we continue to keep in touch. His lifestyle choice is his own and I don't like him any less for it.

I think I just don't want to see a man kissing another man. :-t Not my cup of tea.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk