What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby joejlitz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:38 am

portisfan24 wrote:I saw Seven Pounds the other night. It was pretty intense. I'm really starting to like Will Smith as an actor. Definately worth seeing.

Wow. I didn't think there were many people who didn't like him. He's been in some pretty memorable movies, summer/box office blockbusters, with some likable characters: Independence Day, Men In Black, Bad Boys, Hitch. I hated that silent flick he did, though - I Am Legend. I need a good dialogue for it to be a good movie and that movie was just him and his dog most of the time.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:42 am

I just finished watching "Bobby" about Robert F. Kennedy. It is a great movie with several intertwining plots going on. The best part? A cast of thousands!!!! I had no idea who was even in the movie. Next thing I know, every actor with a speaking part is famous. It was a nice surprise to see that. I actually recommend watching it without knowing who is in it, but if you are interested you can see the cast here:
Bobby: The story of the assassination of U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy who was shot in the early morning hours of June 5, 1968 in the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, and 22 people in the hotel whose lives were never the same

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308055/fullcredits#cast
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Sun May 03, 2009 7:34 pm

Wolverine: X-men Origins 7/10

As a whole it was pretty entertaining but it was held back by a convoluted plot, shoddy CGI work here and there, and some pacing issues. Jackman and Schrieber sp? were great as wolverine and sabretooth respectively but I wanted to see more of Gambit and Ryan Reynolds character(Deadpool)-a minor quabble . Solid action scenes throughout and the final battle at the end of the movie was awesome I must say. Despite a few issues, Wolverine packs enough punch to kickstart the summer in style!
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby portisfan24 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:41 pm

joejlitz wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:I saw Seven Pounds the other night. It was pretty intense. I'm really starting to like Will Smith as an actor. Definately worth seeing.

Wow. I didn't think there were many people who didn't like him. He's been in some pretty memorable movies, summer/box office blockbusters, with some likable characters: Independence Day, Men In Black, Bad Boys, Hitch. I hated that silent flick he did, though - I Am Legend. I need a good dialogue for it to be a good movie and that movie was just him and his dog most of the time.

Oh I never disliked him. I just think hes becoming a much better actor. I thought I Am Legend was pretty good.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Sun May 03, 2009 8:06 pm

I saw Obsessed with the wife today. It was what it was. Same type of movie premises has been done a few times before, but Beyonce, and the white chick were pretty nice to look at.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 04, 2009 9:16 am

The Wrestler - i really liked it. Mickey Rourke was awesome
9/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tyeattolah » Mon May 04, 2009 11:09 pm

cardiac cats wrote:Wolverine: X-men Origins 7/10

As a whole it was pretty entertaining but it was held back by a convoluted plot, shoddy CGI work here and there, and some pacing issues. Jackman and Schrieber sp? were great as wolverine and sabretooth respectively but I wanted to see more of Gambit and Ryan Reynolds character(Deadpool)-a minor quabble . Solid action scenes throughout and the final battle at the end of the movie was awesome I must say. Despite a few issues, Wolverine packs enough punch to kickstart the summer in style!

I liked it too, thought the pace was very good, if you took a break for anything you probably missed a little action. Was wondering if Patrick Stewart would make an entrance in this one...should be a box office Top 5 for the summer!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby iamgregg » Tue May 05, 2009 5:05 am

Watched Gone Baby Gone tonight.

It was pretty good, well worth watching. The plot wasn't too predictable and I really liked the core themes. My only main issue was the casting of Casey Affleck in the lead role. He seemed kind of monotone and lacklustre throughout. One other thing is that half way through it seems to lack a little direction. It's pretty much divided into two big acts and I found they didn't transition smoothly. When the first Act ended, it felt like the movie was ending even though I knew there was an hour left. Just a warning to anyone.

Overall, I'd reccomend it.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Tue May 05, 2009 4:19 pm

y gone director
iamgregg wrote:Watched Gone Baby Gone tonight.

It was pretty good, well worth watching. The plot wasn't too predictable and I really liked the core themes. My only main issue was the casting of Casey Affleck in the lead role. He seemed kind of monotone and lacklustre throughout.

That's nepotism at its finest. His brother, Ben, directed it.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby cardiac cats » Fri May 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Star Trek 8.5/10

Having never followed Star Trek persay, this was very entertaining. You get it all- action, humor, romance, drama, etc... Kirk and Spock were both great and the supporting cast was very well rounded(Simon Pegg, Karl Urban, Eric Bana, Harold from Harold and Kumar-John Cho I believe). The special effects and action scenes were top notch, good stuff.

Overall just a good sci-fi flick and great way to appeal to a newer generation(har har) who might not know much about Star Trek.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk