What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:32 pm

treat24 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Year One

I had very low expectations (and no desire to see it in the first place), and this movie still managed to disappoint me. It had the crappy plotline of the average comedy, but it was missing most of the things I look for in a comedy, most notably the comedy, humor, and funny parts. I didn't at any point laugh during this movie. I managed a few chuckles, but mostly I was bored out of my mind.

Avoid this movie at all costs. Absolutely awful.

good to know, I had low expectations, but was gonna try anyway. thanks for saving me a few bucks :-D

As long as I know my post saved one innocent soul from wasting money on that piece of garbage, I'm happy. Seriously, it's not even worth a Netflix rental. Just don't bother; again, absolutely awful.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 9/10

You either love or hate the live action Transformers movies and obviously I'm a big fan :-)

Bay's blockbuster sequel ups the ante in every category: More action, autobots, deceptions, humor, explosions, awesomeness, and more Megan Fox...enough said...and the ending was freaking epic!

The midnight showing was packed and the crowd reaction was great. I'll definately be seeing this again ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bmor8811 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:44 am

cardiac cats wrote:Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 9/10

You either love or hate the live action Transformers movies and obviously I'm a big fan :-)

Bay's blockbuster sequel ups the ante in every category: More action, autobots, deceptions, humor, explosions, awesomeness, and more Megan Fox...enough said...and the ending was freaking epic!

The midnight showing was packed and the crowd reaction was great. I'll definately be seeing this again ;-D

Awesome ;-D Anyone else sneak a peak at this yet? We reserved tickets in the big OmniPlex IMAX theatre in Dallas this Saturday. Hopefully its worth it. :-D
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Postby Manja » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:13 am

bmor8811 wrote:
cardiac cats wrote:Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 9/10

Awesome ;-D Anyone else sneak a peak at this yet? We reserved tickets in the big OmniPlex IMAX theatre in Dallas this Saturday. Hopefully its worth it. :-D

I saw it a couple of hours ago... Very disappointed. The action was good, but sometimes choppy.. Other than that.. It had the dialogue and plot of a movie you would watch on Nickelodean.. just with amazing CGI.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:17 am

Going to see it at the IMAX in Pittsburgh this weekend as well. I can't wait to see how many TDs Megatron scores.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:33 pm

Azrael wrote:Going to see it at the IMAX in Pittsburgh this weekend as well. I can't wait to see how many TDs Megatron scores.

:-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Saw Star Trek

Never been a huge fan but thought it was entertaining. 8/10
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Azrael » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:12 pm

Transformers: very good action flick, not exactly for kids though with the swearing, just about everything said but GD, JC, and F word, calling people aholes, b**ches, p**sies, easily could have carved that out.

Decepticons seem to have a "Sith" like rapport with one another.

I've gotta watch the first one again. I thought Megatron was much bigger and more powerful than Optimus in the first one, like a guy who needed to be ganged up on to be defeated, but Optimus beat his ass all the time in the 2nd one when they would square off.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:16 am

Saw Pelham 123. Meh. Nowhere near as bad as the last movie I saw (Year One), but it wasn't anything special either. Denzel Washington didn't have that exciting a role even as the main character, Travolta was decent but a little over the top, and the plot really didn't have too many thrills. And the camera work was really weird; way too much movement, especially when they were just showing Washington just sitting in a chair, which is where he is most of the movie.

IMO, wait until DVD if you have a desire to see it.
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bmor8811 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:26 am

Loved Transformers 2. Saw my first IMAX movie tonight and I gotta say it was worth it!! ;-D

The Autobots and Decepticons talked a TON more in this move than in the first one I thought... and it helped develop it a little more. The twin brother robots and the pet Decepticon that was humping Megan Fox's leg had me rolling about half the movie.
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk