What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:40 pm

The Right Stuff.

If you haven't seen this (1983), put a few hours aside and watch this with your kids. It starts with the efforts of Chuck Yeager to break the sound barrier and then largely focuses on the early space program.

Your kids, and perhaps even you, will find new heroes. ;-D

"no bucks, no Buck Rogers" :-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tyeattolah » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:25 pm

scottaa1 wrote:The Right Stuff.

If you haven't seen this (1983), put a few hours aside and watch this with your kids. It starts with the efforts of Chuck Yeager to break the sound barrier and then largely focuses on the early space program.

Your kids, and perhaps even you, will find new heroes. ;-D

"no bucks, no Buck Rogers" :-)

Great movie!!! With the potential for further space/moon exploration in the news an excellent chance for the younger eneration to get a glimpse at how America's space program has proressed.
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby iky » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:22 pm

I'm in the process of watching The Majestic. Jim Carey is awesome when he's playing dramatic roles. I can't believe I have not seen this before.

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:37 am

Metroid wrote:Yeah she still looks like a little girl playing dress up. She's a pretty young woman but she has A LOT of maturing to do, for Christ's sake she just turned 19 in April...give her a few more years. If you're in your late teens or early 20's and you're oogling over her that's one thing....I'm 33, I don't look at her and think "Hot" I look at her and see a cute little girl.

i'm with Met...i used to think she had potential to be really hot, but i saw some recent photos in EW and she looked really, really young to me...
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Metroid wrote:Yeah she still looks like a little girl playing dress up. She's a pretty young woman but she has A LOT of maturing to do, for Christ's sake she just turned 19 in April...give her a few more years. If you're in your late teens or early 20's and you're oogling over her that's one thing....I'm 33, I don't look at her and think "Hot" I look at her and see a cute little girl.

she's a year older than me. ;-)

...so I'm oogling a bit. ya. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:06 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:

i'm with Met...i used to think she had potential to be really hot, but i saw some recent photos in EW and she looked really, really young to me...

Ya she looks like a young 19. Hayden Panettiere or however you spell it is around the same age but looks a lot older (and hotter).

On a movie note, I saw HP6. Being an avid reader of the books, I haven't liked any of the movies so far, but this one was pretty good. Best so far at least.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:24 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:

And you should be, she's in your age range and what you should be attracted to right now. As you get older your attractions change....or at least they should. 8-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:36 am

Metroid wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:

And you should be, she's in your age range and what you should be attracted to right now. As you get older your attractions change....or at least they should. 8-o

Wooderson wrote:That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eagles21 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:17 pm

Saw Hurt Locker yesterday. It's about soldiers who disarm bombs in Iraq. Didn't really know what to expect when I arrived at the theater, but it was a really good movie. Highly recommended. 8/10.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:25 pm

eagles21 wrote:Saw Hurt Locker yesterday. It's about soldiers who disarm bombs in Iraq. Didn't really know what to expect when I arrived at the theater, but it was a really good movie. Highly recommended. 8/10.

I was planning on seeing that, looks pretty cool. It hasn't been marketed too much (at least from what I've seen) so hopefully people are aware of it.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk