What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:42 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Charlie24 wrote:saw The Devil's Advocate today for the first time
I know its kinda old but great movie nonetheless ;-D superb acting by Pacino and Reeves

9/10

The scene where Pacino talks about God being "an absentee landlord" is stunning. That whole speech gives me shivers every time I watch it, a great piece of acting. Reeves is suprisingly solid, which is a nice change from the films he made previous to Devil's Advocate.

Yeah - Devil's Advocate is probably the best Keanu has ever acted in a movie. Did anyone catch Bram Stoker's Dracula? Ugh... horrible performance in that one. There's plenty more, but it was just shocking to see him with some of the other actors in it.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:05 am

I can just see Francis Ford Coppola now...

FFC: Well let's see, we've got some classically trained actors. Sir Anthony Hopkins? Check. One of the greatest heel actors of all time. Gary Oldman? Check. A beautiful young starlet. Winona Ryder? Check. Now who can we get to play the young Jonathan Harker? Oh, what about that guy from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? He looks like a strapping young lad. And what wonderful acting ability, too. :-?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:26 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I can just see Francis Ford Coppola now...

FFC: Well let's see, we've got some classically trained actors. Sir Anthony Hopkins? Check. One of the greatest heel actors of all time. Gary Oldman? Check. A beautiful young starlet. Winona Ryder? Check. Now who can we get to play the young Jonathan Harker? Oh, what about that guy from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? He looks like a strapping young lad. And what wonderful acting ability, too. :-?

Whatever happened to Alex Winter? :-?
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:30 am

Last I heard, Alex Winter was working on the Jimmy Kimmel show as a writer, but that was a couple of years ago.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:40 am

Hhaha I can't believe someone other than myself knows who Alex Winter is...that's crazy :-b
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:33 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I can just see Francis Ford Coppola now...

That cracked me up. I can't help but laugh everytime I hear the phrase "strapping young lad"..

I did like that movie a lot though. It was one of Keanu's better acting performances. Though he was quite stellar in Speed and Point Break. Haha.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:16 pm

Saw National Treasure and White Noise over the weekend. National Treasure was okay, but not nearly the excitement of Raiders of the Lost Ark, which it was clearly patterned after. The best part was the wisecracking sidekick, and I could have done without Cage altogether. Now White Noise had me hooked from the start. Pretty good scare scenes, and Keaton is always good. Won't give any spoilers, but I will say I was very disappointed with the ending. Left too much hanging out there, with no chance at a sequel to clear things up. I also saw part of Team America, but saying that all I saw was part should be all I need to say. Save your cash and buy Barney videos instead...they will be much more entertaining.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Canacuna » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:24 pm

The best part of National Treasure was the wise-cracking sidekick? Pssh, Diane Kruger was better than all of 'em.

Anyway, I caught The Aviator last night. Good movie. ;-D
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:25 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Saw National Treasure and White Noise over the weekend. National Treasure was okay, but not nearly the excitement of Raiders of the Lost Ark, which it was clearly patterned after. The best part was the wisecracking sidekick, and I could have done without Cage altogether. Now White Noise had me hooked from the start. Pretty good scare scenes, and Keaton is always good. Won't give any spoilers, but I will say I was very disappointed with the ending. Left too much hanging out there, with no chance at a sequel to clear things up. I also saw part of Team America, but saying that all I saw was part should be all I need to say. Save your cash and buy Barney videos instead...they will be much more entertaining.

I actually thought Cage fit the part perfectly, but you're right in that it doesn't come near Raiders. Haven't seen White Noise but I planned on seeing Team America this weekend, thanks for the warning.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:37 pm

Fight Club on FX today.... B-)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager