What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Daddymike59 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Anybody seen anything lately that's worth burning? Trying to bolster my collection but I don't want to waste media.
Image


Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2915
Joined: 6 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: GOM=30 Home of the Buckeyes

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby cardiac cats » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:21 pm

A Perfect Getaway 8/10

I enjoyed it.. solid thiller with some good twists and turns. The characters were interesting and the plot was pretty clever to boot.... I went to see it on a whim and I'm glad I did ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 652
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: south carolina

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Tyeattolah » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:56 pm

hmmmm...HotelNet...24 hour option...latest hits..."hottest" stars...a titalating romp through about 36 movies. Great training films!!!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2755
Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: DCC's Rock!

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:22 am

eagles21 wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:
eagles21 wrote:Saw Hurt Locker yesterday. It's about soldiers who disarm bombs in Iraq. Didn't really know what to expect when I arrived at the theater, but it was a really good movie. Highly recommended. 8/10.



I was planning on seeing that, looks pretty cool. It hasn't been marketed too much (at least from what I've seen) so hopefully people are aware of it.


I hadn't even heard of the movie until we got there. I went with a friend, and he had heard about it, so we decided to give it a shot. Glad we decided to see it.


What these guys said. Not a highly marketed film, but if it's playing near you go see it. It's one of the best films I've seen in a long time. The suspense is almost unbearable and emotionally draining, the dialogue is smart and funny, and the characters seem incredibly real and believable. I really can't criticize anything about it.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:25 am

Funny Games:
Tim Roth and Naomi Watts

2/10. This movie looked like it could be good, but it was interspersed with incredibly long parts with nothing going on, mediocre dialogue and the last 10 minutes which included stuff that defy the laws of life (best way to say it without spoiling anything).

Don't see it and if you go into Blockbuster and see it on the shelf, hide it behind other stuff to save someone else a waste of time.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:37 am

joejlitz wrote:Funny Games:
Tim Roth and Naomi Watts

2/10. This movie looked like it could be good, but it was interspersed with incredibly long parts with nothing going on, mediocre dialogue and the last 10 minutes which included stuff that defy the laws of life (best way to say it without spoiling anything).

Don't see it and if you go into Blockbuster and see it on the shelf, hide it behind other stuff to save someone else a waste of time.


i have this in my queue...i may still give it a shot :-o
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:27 am

I like how joe says he doesn't want to spoil anything but then says don't even bother watching it. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:14 pm

Metroid wrote:I like how joe says he doesn't want to spoil anything but then says don't even bother watching it. :-b

:-b
That's 'cause I knew Lambskin would read this! :-b
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Funny Games:
Tim Roth and Naomi Watts

2/10. This movie looked like it could be good, but it was interspersed with incredibly long parts with nothing going on, mediocre dialogue and the last 10 minutes which included stuff that defy the laws of life (best way to say it without spoiling anything).

Don't see it and if you go into Blockbuster and see it on the shelf, hide it behind other stuff to save someone else a waste of time.


i have this in my queue...i may still give it a shot :-o


I'd still give it a shot; I saw it and actually liked it. Just depends on your taste. joe, I was baffled by that scene as well but I understood later why it was included after reading a little more about the film.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:03 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Funny Games:
Tim Roth and Naomi Watts

2/10. This movie looked like it could be good, but it was interspersed with incredibly long parts with nothing going on, mediocre dialogue and the last 10 minutes which included stuff that defy the laws of life (best way to say it without spoiling anything).

Don't see it and if you go into Blockbuster and see it on the shelf, hide it behind other stuff to save someone else a waste of time.


i have this in my queue...i may still give it a shot :-o


I'd still give it a shot; I saw it and actually liked it. Just depends on your taste. joe, I was baffled by that scene as well but I understood later why it was included after reading a little more about the film.

Yeah - I read a little bit about it online today to learn WHY??? Now, I know why but I still don't like what he did. I can appreciate it, but I feel like I lost 2 hours that I will never get back.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:25 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact