What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:31 pm

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus !!!!1

It had everything... a virtual cavalcade of stratospheric stars!! Lorenzo Lamas!!! Deborah 'Debbie' Gibson!!! A military experiment gone wrong!! Giant mean animals freed from their glacial tombs!

Mega Shark leaped from the water, and snatched a 747 from the air!!. Giant Octo-mom-pus ate an offshore drilling platform, for fun!!.

A pelican flew by in a dramatic scene.

A Compaq computer didn't crash!.

A drunken Irishman helped with the problem!

A commercial break ensued, so I could change my wet undergarments!

Looks like I picked the wrong century to quit smoking weed.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:16 am

scottaa1 wrote:Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus !!!!1

It had everything... a virtual cavalcade of stratospheric stars!! Lorenzo Lamas!!! Deborah 'Debbie' Gibson!!! A military experiment gone wrong!! Giant mean animals freed from their glacial tombs!

Mega Shark leaped from the water, and snatched a 747 from the air!!. Giant Octo-mom-pus ate an offshore drilling platform, for fun!!.

A pelican flew by in a dramatic scene.

A Compaq computer didn't crash!.

A drunken Irishman helped with the problem!

A commercial break ensued, so I could change my wet undergarments!

Looks like I picked the wrong century to quit smoking weed.

WHERE CAN I GET IT?!!?!? HOW DO I SEE IT?!?!?!?

Netflix has it as a VERY LONG wait. Man, it must be popular.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:20 am

Traitor with Don Cheadle.

Excellent movie. Cheadle is a former special operations soldier who's family is originally from the Middle East. Cheadle embraces his roots and moves back to the Middle East where he starts selling explosives to terrorists. Next thing you know, the FBI gets involved and the plot twists significantly.

Great story, lots of good action and a great way to spend 2 hours. I recommend it.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:03 am

I Love You Man: Meh...it was OK for a few laughs but I wont be watching it again. :-?

The female lead, Rashida Jones, is very cute though and was nice to look at. :-L
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:48 pm

I'm having a nice bottle of Romana Sambuca after a lunch of baked ziti and meatballs (my mom's and grandmom's recipe). So, as I'm enjoying this drink, I am watching There Will Be Blood, a 2 hour and 45 minute marathon that I am only 41 minutes into. It's pretty good so far, but there was no dialogue for the first 13 minutes and they constantly play horror film suspense music. Kind of weird, but a good story so far.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:58 pm

joejlitz wrote:I'm having a nice bottle of Romana Sambuca after a lunch of baked ziti and meatballs (my mom's and grandmom's recipe). So, as I'm enjoying this drink, I am watching There Will Be Blood, a 2 hour and 45 minute marathon that I am only 41 minutes into. It's pretty good so far, but there was no dialogue for the first 13 minutes and they constantly play horror film suspense music. Kind of weird, but a good story so far.

88 minutes into this movie and I'm turning it off and deleting it. Too boring.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:05 pm

Just watched a documentary about Flight 93 on Discovery, called The Flight that Fought Back. Had actual phone recordings from the passengers to their loved ones, interviews with family members, and reenactments. It brought back a lot of those feelings and emotions I had on, and the days after, September 11th. :,-(
Metroid

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:08 pm

Halloween II 6/10

meh, it had a few great moments but most of the movie just felt a little off...I def. liked the first one better. Oh yeah, the boy version of Michael Myers was a different kid in this film and I'm not a fan of stuff like that...like Cheadle replacing Howard in Iron Man- though I still have high hopes for Iron Man 2 :-)
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:28 am

joejlitz wrote:
joejlitz wrote:I'm having a nice bottle of Romana Sambuca after a lunch of baked ziti and meatballs (my mom's and grandmom's recipe). So, as I'm enjoying this drink, I am watching There Will Be Blood, a 2 hour and 45 minute marathon that I am only 41 minutes into. It's pretty good so far, but there was no dialogue for the first 13 minutes and they constantly play horror film suspense music. Kind of weird, but a good story so far.

i thought that movie was really good...at least go youtube "I Drink Your Milkshake"
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:45 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

i thought that movie was really good...at least go youtube "I Drink Your Milkshake"

Yeah I really enjoyed it too, in fact I own it. 88 minutes is far to long in to give up, I could never walk away from a film after vesting that much time into it...no mater how much I dislike it.

The acting, the sets, the wardrobe, the dialog, the cinematography, were all superb. The only knock I give it is the slightly awkward score and that it did drag a little during certain scenes.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk