What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:40 am

Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
joejlitz wrote:88 minutes into this movie and I'm turning it off and deleting it. Too boring.

i thought that movie was really good...at least go youtube "I Drink Your Milkshake"

Yeah I really enjoyed it too, in fact I own it. 88 minutes is far to long in to give up, I could never walk away from a film after vesting that much time into it...no mater how much I dislike it.

The acting, the sets, the wardrobe, the dialog, the cinematography, were all superb. The only knock I give it is the slightly awkward score and that it did drag a little during certain scenes.

i would probably own but i rarely buy many movies anymore...after looking at my DVD collection (at least 250 movies/TV shows) that i rarely ever watch i just cant justify it anymore, especially with a baby there just isnt as much time to sit and watch movies. maybe once i catch up on my Blockbuster queue of classics i havent seen and random new releases i can cycle through my collection again
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:19 am

I thought There Will be Blood was really good. Worth the time if only for Daniel Day Lewis' performance. I also really enjoyed the score.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:42 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
i thought that movie was really good...at least go youtube "I Drink Your Milkshake"

Yeah I really enjoyed it too, in fact I own it. 88 minutes is far to long in to give up, I could never walk away from a film after vesting that much time into it...no mater how much I dislike it.

The acting, the sets, the wardrobe, the dialog, the cinematography, were all superb. The only knock I give it is the slightly awkward score and that it did drag a little during certain scenes.

i would probably own but i rarely buy many movies anymore...after looking at my DVD collection (at least 250 movies/TV shows) that i rarely ever watch i just cant justify it anymore, especially with a baby there just isnt as much time to sit and watch movies. maybe once i catch up on my Blockbuster queue of classics i havent seen and random new releases i can cycle through my collection again

I only buy movies I know I will watch multiple times, just because a movie is good doesn't mean I will own it. Honestly I probably wouldn't have bought There Will be Blood but a friend bought it and didn't care for it and sold it to me for like 5 bucks. Also I only buy movies well after their release date, I won't pay 20+ dollars for a movie, and I'll often pick up some from Blockbusters 4 for $20 previously viewed movies.

Dude yesterday we stopped by Big Lots to get some dish towels and they had a bin of DVD's for $3 each, we got Desperado, Jawbreaker, Mystic Pizza, and Bad Boys 2. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:17 pm

Desperado is a classic, IMO. A little Quinton Tarantino touch right there. I never buy movies anymore unless they are $1 bootlegs because I never rewatch them. I have a whole library of my favorite movies and I never watch them again. I did in college, but that was a long time ago.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:19 pm

joejlitz wrote:Desperado is a classic, IMO. A little Quinton Tarantino touch right there. I never buy movies anymore unless they are $1 bootlegs because I never rewatch them. I have a whole library of my favorite movies and I never watch them again. I did in college, but that was a long time ago.

If you wanna get rid of them for cheap(read free) lemmie know. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:48 pm

joejlitz wrote:I never buy movies anymore unless they are $1 bootlegs because I never rewatch them. I have a whole library of my favorite movies and I never watch them again. I did in college, but that was a long time ago.

Yep.. Between either lack of reuse, or technology making formats obsolete, I don't buy movies, music, anything on stamped media any more. That method of hard content delivery is dead, or soon will be anyway.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:19 pm

I usually just hit the new titles at a redbox for a $1 when they come out. We rented Obsessed the other night. Good flick. I was like "wow, this is out already?"
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
joejlitz wrote:
joejlitz wrote:I'm having a nice bottle of Romana Sambuca after a lunch of baked ziti and meatballs (my mom's and grandmom's recipe). So, as I'm enjoying this drink, I am watching There Will Be Blood, a 2 hour and 45 minute marathon that I am only 41 minutes into. It's pretty good so far, but there was no dialogue for the first 13 minutes and they constantly play horror film suspense music. Kind of weird, but a good story so far.

88 minutes into this movie and I'm turning it off and deleting it. Too boring.

I break into the "If I have a milkshake, and you have a milkshake... I drink it up, every day..." way more often than I ought to. :-b
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
joejlitz wrote:88 minutes into this movie and I'm turning it off and deleting it. Too boring.

I break into the "If I have a milkshake, and you have a milkshake... I drink it up, every day..." way more often than I ought to. :-b

I prefer "DRAINAGE!"
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:23 am

i'm Not There awful...shut it off after an hour
2/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk