What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:13 am

Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:streamed American Werewolf in Paris from Netflix... 2/10. Didn't even finish it.

Werewolves scare the pejebus out of me. They don't have The Howling for stream unfortunately. The CGI dogs in this flick look like they're designed to look fake. Utter, utter fail on all levels.


Paris is the crappy sequel right...London is the original? i know for it's time it had some amazing makeup work but i'm sure it's cheesey now

also...i saw Adventureland...pretty good, was expecting it to be more of a comedy, but it was still pretty good
7/10

We liked Adventureland a lot, if I actually ratted movies I'd probably give it a 7 too. :-?

American Werewolf in London was one of my favorite "scary movies" growing up. I remember thinking it looked so real, but yeah it would probably look a bit cheesy now.


i'd have given it an 8 if Kristen Stewart would have shown her boobs...even 7.5 for some side-boob

if you liked the main character Jesse Eisenberg and also like darker comedy check out The Squid and The Whale and Roger Dodger
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby cardiac cats » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:02 pm

Jennifer's Body 7.5/10

A fun and campy Horror-Comedy...some of the dialouge is too amateurish and girl-centric, but the story does center on 2 high school girls so go figure. Those 2 girls are Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried---very hot ;-D

The soundtrack isn't too shabby either..
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 652
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: south carolina

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:03 pm

Revisited Superbad a couple nights ago with some friends from my dorm. I'd forgotten how hysterical that movie was; so many hilarious scenes and one-liners, from Seth Rogen, Bill Hader and McLovin especially.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby joejlitz » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:21 am

steelerfan513 wrote:Revisited Superbad a couple nights ago with some friends from my dorm. I'd forgotten how hysterical that movie was; so many hilarious scenes and one-liners, from Seth Rogen, Bill Hader and McLovin especially.

That was without a doubt, comedy of the year in 07. I was in Baghdad waiting on a flight to come back to the states in 07 (this is how good that movie is - I remember where I was when I was watching it) and I had a bootleg copy in my laptop and my ear buds in. I could not stop laughing out loud. I'm sure it was the most annoying thing for everyone around me, but I couldn't stop laughing. It was absolutley redonkulous!

However - who the hell was time for movies right now? It's football season!!!!!!!! :-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:47 pm

My wife is devious.

Her: "You wanna go to the movies?"
Me: "Sure, which one?"
Her: "Oh, some Jennifer Aniston movie."
Me: "Sure, why not."

We get there and the name of the movie I've never heard of is... (drumroll)...

LOVE HAPPENS.

It was just about as good as it sounds. 4/10. :-C
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Went and saw Zombieland with some people from my dorm last night. This is a movie you should see in theaters so you can laugh your ass off with the entire theater. It's not quite to the quality level of Shaun of the Dead, but the laughs are awesome (and at some points outrageous), the acting is great from Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg, and the movie fulfills its purpose--make you laugh, usually at the expense of zombies--to perfection. Oh, and there's an absolutely hysterical cameo that provides probably the funniest part of the entire movie.

Seriously, if you're going to see this, see it in theaters.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:55 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Went and saw Zombieland with some people from my dorm last night. This is a movie you should see in theaters so you can laugh your ass off with the entire theater. It's not quite to the quality level of Shaun of the Dead, but the laughs are awesome (and at some points outrageous), the acting is great from Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg, and the movie fulfills its purpose--make you laugh, usually at the expense of zombies--to perfection. Oh, and there's an absolutely hysterical cameo that provides probably the funniest part of the entire movie.

Seriously, if you're going to see this, see it in theaters.

Yeah I've hear nothing but good things about Zombieland. I'm a zombie movie junkie and have really been looking forward to it, I'm bummed I haven't made it to the theater yet but I just haven't had the time, hopefully next Friday tho. ;-D

If it's even half the movie Shaun of the Dead was I'll be happy. :-)
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Metroid wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Went and saw Zombieland with some people from my dorm last night. This is a movie you should see in theaters so you can laugh your ass off with the entire theater. It's not quite to the quality level of Shaun of the Dead, but the laughs are awesome (and at some points outrageous), the acting is great from Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg, and the movie fulfills its purpose--make you laugh, usually at the expense of zombies--to perfection. Oh, and there's an absolutely hysterical cameo that provides probably the funniest part of the entire movie.

Seriously, if you're going to see this, see it in theaters.

Yeah I've hear nothing but good things about Zombieland. I'm a zombie movie junkie and have really been looking forward to it, I'm bummed I haven't made it to the theater yet but I just haven't had the time, hopefully next Friday tho. ;-D

If it's even half the movie Shaun of the Dead was I'll be happy. :-)


It definitely has a different feel than Shaun of the Dead, much more mainstream and without the subtle, creative humor that made Shaun of the Dead so enjoyable, but I'd guess that you won't be disappointed. The humor is still mature, just much more outrageous.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby cardiac cats » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Zombieland 8.5/10

I'm with Steelerfan, Zombieland was great...saw it yesterday and couldn't stop smiling. A few standout moments IMO were the opening credits montage and then the action packed climax at the amusement park... and no doubt about it, the celebrity cameo is absolutely priceless- can't spoil it :-)
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 652
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: south carolina

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:17 pm

I just finished a Japanese double feature of Oldboy and Ichi the Killer. Oldboy was great, original plot, great acting, and an unexpected twist at the end. Ichi was good but the Japanese tend to take things a little overboard... lets just say Hostel looked like a Disney movie compared to some of the stuff in Ichi.
Image
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 232
Joined: 3 Oct 2009
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Carrollton, GA

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:08 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact