What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:07 am

Seven: 9/10

Slightly slow at the beginning, but an awesome twist at the end, and I love these kinds of movies. Definitely definitely worth seeing.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cardiac cats » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:48 pm

Trick r' Treat 7.5/10

A fun nod to the traditions and spirit of Halloween with 4 connected short stories, each with their own twists and turns.

It's clear the director of this movie is a huge horror fan, and it shows. Tis' a good watch around Halloween time ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joejlitz » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:00 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Seven: 9/10

Slightly slow at the beginning, but an awesome twist at the end, and I love these kinds of movies. Definitely definitely worth seeing.

WOW! This movie is an all time great! Is this the first you saw it?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Guru13 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:31 am

I saw Paranormal Activity. Don't go see it. I don't get spooked that easy but if I get an hour of sleep tonight it'll be a miracle. Well done on such a small budget though. 8/10
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:49 pm

Law Abiding Citizen 9/10

Really good. Had me on the edge of my seat most of the movie. Definately worth seeing in theaters.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:08 pm

joejlitz wrote:

WOW! This movie is an all time great! Is this the first you saw it?

Yeah, first time I ever saw it. A buddy had been telling me for a while that I should see it, and I was hanging out with him the other night and we didn't have much to do so we just rented it. Definitely a good flick.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:42 pm

I just looked up the director David Fincher, also the director of one of the manliest movies of all time- Fight Club, on IMDB and turns out when hes not making action movies, he directs music videos for Paula Abdul, George Michael, Madonna, and Sting :-?
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:08 am

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:

I just looked up the director David Fincher, also the director of one of the manliest movies of all time- Fight Club, on IMDB and turns out when hes not making action movies, he directs music videos for Paula Abdul, George Michael, Madonna, and Sting :-?

Fincher has done some good stuff...aside from the 2 you mentioned The Game and Zodiac are both really good. i've heard mixed reviews about Panic Room but have yet to see it. Alien 3 is terrible though, although i believe the Studio butchered his cut and he disowned it...Benjamin Button sucked though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:28 am

portisfan24 wrote:Law Abiding Citizen 9/10

Really good. Had me on the edge of my seat most of the movie. Definately worth seeing in theaters.

I need to get my butt out to see this! I've heard nothing but good things from buddies, and now this, so that should be more than enough motivation :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:44 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Fincher has done some good stuff...aside from the 2 you mentioned The Game and Zodiac are both really good. i've heard mixed reviews about Panic Room but have yet to see it. Alien 3 is terrible though, although i believe the Studio butchered his cut and he disowned it...Benjamin Button sucked though

I havent seen Zodiac or Benjamin Button but The Game used to be one of my favorite movies, I checked it out again a couple of weeks ago and it was just as good as I remembered, great thriller.

Panic Room was all right, a pretty average movie. Forest Whitaker was good as usual and you got to see Jared Leto with some weird ass corn rows if I remember correctly.

And Alien 3 was pretty bad, that series went 2 movies too far IMO. Plus its gotta be hard to follow up Ridley Scott and James Cameron.

Speaking of Cameron, I have been waiting for Avatar to come out for over a year. Only 2 months left before it finally comes out!!
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk