What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Zodiac is a good movie... I'd recommend it for Fincher fans
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:47 am

Drag Me To Hell Sam Raimi directs a movie about some girl (we'll call her Allison Lohman but i dont recall what else she's been in) who works as a loan officer at a bank and dates the "I'm A Mac" douche (who is douchey as ever in this film) denies an old gypsy woman an extension on her loan and is cursed...hijinks ensue...very cheesy hijinks, mainly involving a goat-monster-ghost coming for the girl...
7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:17 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:the "I'm A Mac" douche (who is douchey as ever in this film)

that's not very PC
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:20 pm

Saw Paranomal Activity for the 2nd time tonight, 8/10 still. Like it alot, especially if you can go with someone who hasn't seen it before each time.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:18 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:the "I'm A Mac" douche (who is douchey as ever in this film)

that's not very PC

You are original and always funny.

I'm sitting here going, wow! Douche seems to be an allowed word around here. Moreover, Scott is not one to chastise other members publicly for minor infractions. Now - I thoguht it could be the 3 rum and cokes I am drinking after celebrating an Eagles huge win today over the NY-FOOTBALL-Giants, but no...I know my buddy Scott so this is all rather weird. Then, I thought about it some more. And I realized you made a pun. PC. Ploitically Correct. Or, personal computer. The competitior for MAC. Very funny. Very smart. Scott - you deserve the jester icon for your repeated ability to keep things loose and funny around here. Very cool!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:46 pm

The Machinist 7/10

A thriller/mystery about the main character(Christian Bale) and we're trying to figure out who he is and what's going on with him. He hasn't slept in over a year, looks deathly ill, and has visions and hallucinations...what's real and what isn't? There's a strange vibe throughout the movie and Bale looks absolutely fragile. I found out during the special features he got his weight down to 120 lbs. for the role ! He just flat out didn't eat. Once again the dark knight goes the extra mile for a character.

yes I know that review was written poorly :~(
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:02 pm

cardiac cats wrote:The Machinist 7/10

A thriller/mystery about the main character(Christian Bale) and we're trying to figure out who he is and what's going on with him. He hasn't slept in over a year, looks deathly ill, and has visions and hallucinations...what's real and what isn't? There's a strange vibe throughout the movie and Bale looks absolutely fragile. I found out during the special features he got his weight down to 120 lbs. for the role ! He just flat out didn't eat. Once again the dark knight goes the extra mile for a character.

Yeah I heard he just ate apples and drank coffee to lose all that weight, pretty crazy. Even crazier, he went straight from that to Batman Begins and got up to 230 lbs. in 6 months for the role :-o Thats some dedication.

Pretty good movie from what I remember though, think I'll have to check it out again.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:43 am

The Orphanage spanish language Guillermo Del Toro film about an orphan girl who was adopted and later buys her old orphanage and adopts a boy with plans to take in more orphans. the boy has quite a few "imaginary friends" and later disapeers, which leads to some spooky hijinks ensuing...pretty good and a good ending
7/10

Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen meh...
Pro: Good Action, Meghan Fox
Con: Shia LeBouf, Jive-Bots that made Jar-Jar Binks seem like a good idea, one Decepticon having "balls" and John Tuturro having to utter the line "i'm directly beneath the enemy scrotum" or something like that, the old British Bot...i was waiting for him to say "you're the man now, dog", anti-climactic ending
6/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jumptastic » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:29 pm

I saw both Paranormal Activity and Saw VI today and they both were enjoyable. Paranormal activity actually had people in the theater screaming and Saw VI was just the gore fest we come to expect which is great!
Jumptastic
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby cardiac cats » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:05 pm

The Box 8/10

I didn't really know what to expect coming in to The Box, but with Richard Kelly at the helm I was excited to see what he could do...and once again, Kelly has created a crazy, science fiction mindtrip(much like his cult classic Donnie Darko and "pimps don't commit suicide" Southland Tales). Repeated viewings are needed to fully appreciate the depth presented here and I look forward to revisiting The Box on dvd ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk