What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:12 pm

Saw VI. Not a fan at all. Thought it was terrible.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6206
(Past Year: 70)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:25 am

I stopped watching the Saw series after the third. Mad loves the Saw films and I'm sure he won't get tired of seeing yet another sequel. :-b

I heard The Box got horrible reviews, even though the promos couldn't sell me to see it. From the way the movie was advertised, it seemed like the director didn't know which way to take the film. I thought it was going to be a cheesy horror thriller film with supernatural elements tossed in. I'd hazard to guess the old man with the box morphs into Beelzebub himself. :-b
Image
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 924
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oh, you didn't know?

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:38 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:I stopped watching the Saw series after the third. Mad loves the Saw films and I'm sure he won't get tired of seeing yet another sequel. :-b

I loved the Saw movies as well, the second one was by far the best one in the series.
Is it true that they are making a seventh and changing the story completely around with a new killer and everything?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6206
(Past Year: 70)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I stopped watching the Saw series after the third. Mad loves the Saw films and I'm sure he won't get tired of seeing yet another sequel. :-b

I loved the Saw movies as well, the second one was by far the best one in the series.
Is it true that they are making a seventh and changing the story completely around with a new killer and everything?

No way. there is only one Saw...the first one. after that they were all a different kind movie. I'm of the opinion there are two types of Saw fans, those that like the first one and those that like everything else. I thought the first one was awesome, you couldn't pay me to watch the others.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Metroid wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I stopped watching the Saw series after the third. Mad loves the Saw films and I'm sure he won't get tired of seeing yet another sequel. :-b

I loved the Saw movies as well, the second one was by far the best one in the series.
Is it true that they are making a seventh and changing the story completely around with a new killer and everything?

No way. there is only one Saw...the first one. after that they were all a different kind movie. I'm of the opinion there are two types of Saw fans, those that like the first one and those that like everything else. I thought the first one was awesome, you couldn't pay me to watch the others.


Agreed, the first Saw was the best one. It was fresh, the acting was better, and you had to love the revealing twist of the Jigsaw killer.

Like I said, I haven't seen the Saw flicks past the first three (or at least that I can recall) and so, I'm not sure if there's another Jigsaw.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 924
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oh, you didn't know?

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:34 pm

Metroid wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I stopped watching the Saw series after the third. Mad loves the Saw films and I'm sure he won't get tired of seeing yet another sequel. :-b

I loved the Saw movies as well, the second one was by far the best one in the series.
Is it true that they are making a seventh and changing the story completely around with a new killer and everything?

No way. there is only one Saw...the first one. after that they were all a different kind movie. I'm of the opinion there are two types of Saw fans, those that like the first one and those that like everything else. I thought the first one was awesome, you couldn't pay me to watch the others.

I can see where you are coming from with the first one, but in my opinion, I loved how Jigsaw made the father play a game if he wanted to see his son and he never won. But the first one was awesome.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6206
(Past Year: 70)
Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Jersey

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:10 am

Donnie Darko - 8.5/10

First time viewing.

It's clear that there's a lot more going on with this film that I couldn't catch with a single viewing. I'll have to watch it a few more times (maybe check out the director's cut) to really understand it. Still Jake Gyllenhaal gives an awesome performance and the soundtrack was fantastic.

Great movie even though it appears to be tough to decipher (or maybe I'm just not quick enough). :-?
Image
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 2813
Joined: 22 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:24 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:Donnie Darko - 8.5/10

First time viewing.

It's clear that there's a lot more going on with this film that I couldn't catch with a single viewing. I'll have to watch it a few more times (maybe check out the director's cut) to really understand it. Still Jake Gyllenhaal gives an awesome performance and the soundtrack was fantastic.

Great movie even though it appears to be tough to decipher (or maybe I'm just not quick enough). :-?


One of my favorite movies. The Tears for Fears song playing at the end is one of my favorite uses of music in film.
It took me a good 3 or 4 times of watching it and reading excerpts from The Philosophy of Time Travel(which is fake but still gives some insight) to really understand what was going on. If you have some extra time there are a lot of websites out there that discuss the meanings behind the film. You should definitely check out the Director's Cut too.

Has anyone seen the sequel? It wasn't done by Richard Kelly so I never really planned on watching it, just wondering how much of it involved the original.
Image
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 232
Joined: 3 Oct 2009
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Carrollton, GA

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:37 pm

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:
jake_twothousandfive wrote:Donnie Darko - 8.5/10

First time viewing.

It's clear that there's a lot more going on with this film that I couldn't catch with a single viewing. I'll have to watch it a few more times (maybe check out the director's cut) to really understand it. Still Jake Gyllenhaal gives an awesome performance and the soundtrack was fantastic.

Great movie even though it appears to be tough to decipher (or maybe I'm just not quick enough). :-?


One of my favorite movies. The Tears for Fears song playing at the end is one of my favorite uses of music in film.
It took me a good 3 or 4 times of watching it and reading excerpts from The Philosophy of Time Travel(which is fake but still gives some insight) to really understand what was going on. If you have some extra time there are a lot of websites out there that discuss the meanings behind the film. You should definitely check out the Director's Cut too.

Has anyone seen the sequel? It wasn't done by Richard Kelly so I never really planned on watching it, just wondering how much of it involved the original.


yeah Gary Jules did a nice job covering that...i havent seen the Directors Cut...some of the reviews made it sound like it made it overly confusing and took away from the charm of the original. i think the comedy aspect of that film is under-rated as well...the cheesy "i'm not afraid anymore" video, and pretty much any scene with the Sparkle Motion teacher or Swayze is great

as for the sequal here is a link to my brief review http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=130653&p=3038633&hilit=s.+darko#p3038633...i may have even been too kind
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:02 am

Got around to seeing Zombieland. It was pretty funny, but nothing too special. I would definately recommend seeing it, but maybe wait for the DVD.

7/10
Image
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6196
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:30 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact