What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby joejlitz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:43 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:Doubtvery well acted, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is one of the best in the biz. i was never really bored and i liked that the whole movie is kind of ambiguous about what may/may not have happended
8/10

I finally saw this on DVD yesterday and thought is was awesome. Very well acted, as Dan says. Great script and dialogue. Highly recommended, unless you're an action buff. You won't get action here. Just a really great movie.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 pm

Any of you poor whipped saps get dragged to see Twilight? I'll understand if you don't want to admit it... :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:16 am

portisfan24 wrote:Any of you poor whipped saps get dragged to see Twilight? I'll understand if you don't want to admit it... :-b

No, my woman isn't a teenager. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Metroid wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:Any of you poor whipped saps get dragged to see Twilight? I'll understand if you don't want to admit it... :-b

No, my woman isn't a teenager. :-B

mines 29 and wanted to see it...i kept putting it off so she finally went with my mom and niece...me and baby went home and took naps ;-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:00 pm

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Based on a Roald Dahl book. Bottom line: go see it. It's really witty and funny and is extremely well done. Excellent voice cast as well; George Clooney and Meryl Streep headline.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:52 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Fantastic Mr. Fox

Based on a Roald Dahl book. Bottom line: go see it. It's really witty and funny and is extremely well done. Excellent voice cast as well; George Clooney and Meryl Streep headline.

I figured this was going to be a massive flop when I first saw a preview for it. But I've only been hearing positive things about it.

The animation is just so unconventional...
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:43 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:The animation is just so unconventional...

If Wes Anderson is directing, you should probably expect unconventional. Can't wait to see it though, the only movie of his I've even slightly disliked was The Darjeeling Limited and only because it seemed at times like he was getting off on his own quirkiness.

There's a video and some information on the filming at the following link in case you wanted to get a behind-the-scenes look at the animation.

http:/filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2009/10/wes-anderson-involved-in-super-nerdy-feud
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:27 am

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:
jake_twothousandfive wrote:The animation is just so unconventional...

If Wes Anderson is directing, you should probably expect unconventional. Can't wait to see it though, the only movie of his I've even slightly disliked was The Darjeeling Limited and only because it seemed at times like he was getting off on his own quirkiness.

There's a video and some information on the filming at the following link in case you wanted to get a behind-the-scenes look at the animation.

http:/filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2009/10/wes-anderson-involved-in-super-nerdy-feud

yeah i will probably see it when it comes on DVD...agree Darjeeling is about the only thing he's missed on...it had a few good parts but nothing special

anyway, saw The Warriors last night...for being almost 30 years old it's held up pretty well...i mean it's cheesy and full of ugly 70's/80's people (including the guy who plays Dexters dad) but it was pretty entertaining. never really a dull moment but i was expecting a little more from this film based on it's reputation
7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:11 pm

How will appeal to a 4-year old?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:56 am

joejlitz wrote:

How will appeal to a 4-year old?

It would probably work out. I'm not an expert on kids, but there are things in there that they'll be able to appreciate.

Anyway, saw Invictus tonight. Wait for DVD. The writing is pretty crappy, which limits the ability of Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon to save the movie. Freeman does a good job, but Damon's character really doesn't allow for much. Oh, and the CGI is hilariously bad throughout the rugby tournament. I know the critics are giving it good reviews, but it really isn't a well done movie. It's a good story with a good cast, but everything else leaves something to be desired.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk