What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:05 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:Saw The Longest Yard a couple days ago, great movie, I'd give it a 9.5/10.

I hope to god you mean the original. Even a 9.5 is way too high for the original, but the new one is atrocious.

bah - I laughed hard watching the remake - so many funny scenes. It got bad reviews, but then again, I pretty much disagree with critics 99% of the time - they watch it for acting, directing, cinematography, etc... I watch it to be entertained.

This is basically the Waterboy 2. Critics panned the Waterboy badly - but I think its an instant classic. To each his own...
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:07 pm

MadScott wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:The wife and I watched Sleepless in Seattle this weekend...I am a sucker for funny kid movies and hot mom romantic comedies..Add Tom Hanks and I will be glued to it I know...

I give it 8/10...

Uhoh, we just reached a reading of "10" on the Gaydar after scanning Swipey's post! :-b

Just razzing you man, after all, we've all had to serve our time.

not I - the old lady knows I have a no chick-flick rule. Its a nice trump card if she lets you get away with it. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:19 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
MadScott wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:The wife and I watched Sleepless in Seattle this weekend...I am a sucker for funny kid movies and hot mom romantic comedies..Add Tom Hanks and I will be glued to it I know...

I give it 8/10...

Uhoh, we just reached a reading of "10" on the Gaydar after scanning Swipey's post! :-b

Just razzing you man, after all, we've all had to serve our time.

not I - the old lady knows I have a no chick-flick rule. Its a nice trump card if she lets you get away with it. ;-D

By having a No chick flick rule, you are giving yourself a get out of jail free card. If you come home with one of those after an argument, it's like gold. But it can't be just any chick flick, you have to be selective and get one that will really make her cry. It always helps if you can get one that has some hot broad gettin nekkid, but you can live with the 2-3 hours of suffering if you did something bad enough to have to stoop so low as to get a chick flick. You know you deserve it.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:02 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Cornpimp Maxwell wrote:not I - the old lady knows I have a no chick-flick rule. Its a nice trump card if she lets you get away with it. ;-D

By having a No chick flick rule, you are giving yourself a get out of jail free card. If you come home with one of those after an argument, it's like gold. But it can't be just any chick flick, you have to be selective and get one that will really make her cry. It always helps if you can get one that has some hot broad gettin nekkid, but you can live with the 2-3 hours of suffering if you did something bad enough to have to stoop so low as to get a chick flick. You know you deserve it.

This is so true. The advantages of having a No-Chick-Flick rule are numerous.

Not only do you have the flat out rejection trump card: "No - thats a chick Flick and I refuse to watch chick flicks, sorry." But after a while, she wont bother even asking.

Then - when you want to butter her up for something - bring home a chick flick you know she really wanted to see. The result is similar to buying a frickin diamond ring. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kanezfan11 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:41 pm

Saw Team America at my friends house even with the fair warning. It had it's funny parts and alot of memorable lines but not as great as the hype my friends talked about it as.

6.5-7/10ish. :-? ;-)
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:07 pm

Lol..You guys are cracking me up. Yeah it's a chick flick and i get roped into the occassional one. But I happen to like this one! Oh well :-)

Swiper is a good ole fashioned romantic ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:46 pm

its ok swipey..i liked sleepless in seattle too. in fact..when the movie came out i owned the soundtrack too. ill tell you what though...every time a girl came in my dorm room and saw that CD...it was money in the bank ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:53 am

SUICIDE CLUB

7/10

Weird. Japanese. Thriller.

This was basically the strangest movie I have ever seen by a long shot....rent it from bb online if you're into the wild unknown.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:11 pm

Shattered Glass 6/10

its about that reporter for the new republic stephen glass who made up all of his stories. hayden christiansen was the star and did about as poorly with this as he did with star wars. that kid just doesnt fit in any of his roles.
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:50 pm

I went again and saw The Longest Yard, this time with my girlfriend, to her begging, and I must say that it wasn't half as funny the second time around :-/
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk