What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:08 pm

yeah Four Rooms is great...i love Roth in it...the Robert Rodriguez scene is really good too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Dan, this is the first time ^^ you have ever reviewed a movie with using the word "hijinks". :-b :-b :-b :-b
urbanbreez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:26 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Dan, this is the first time ^^ you have ever reviewed a movie with using the word "hijinks". :-b :-b :-b :-b

that wasnt a review, that was just a comment...i usually try my best to fit in hijinks for all of you :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Up in the Air - Very few complaints; an extremely well done movie. I may not have been paying enough attention to criticize though, as I really, really had to go to the bathroom for about the last hour and a half and decided to hold it in. :-b If you feel like going to see a movie and it's playing, it's worth checking out for sure.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:40 am

Just read Avatar broke the one billion dollar mark after only 3 weeks in theaters. I know Titanic was around 1.8 billion but that might be difficult to catch. Either way it looks like Avatar will have second all-time wrapped up pretty easily.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:21 am

portisfan24 wrote:Just read Avatar broke the one billion dollar mark after only 3 weeks in theaters. I know Titanic was around 1.8 billion but that might be difficult to catch. Either way it looks like Avatar will have second all-time wrapped up pretty easily.

it's because of the 3D and/or IMAX surcharge...i wish they'd measure movies by tickets sold and not dollar value too, because we all know movie ticket prices have been climbing like crazy
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:08 am

Observe and Report for those of you who have been wishing for a movie that combines the paranoid delusions of Taxi Driver with Pall Blart: Mall Cop...your prayers have been answered. the other 99% of you should skip this crap sandwich without bread (unless you really, really, REALLY like Seth Rogan). sure there are hijinks aplenty and a few chuckle worthy momements, but overall it kinda sucked
5/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:Just read Avatar broke the one billion dollar mark after only 3 weeks in theaters. I know Titanic was around 1.8 billion but that might be difficult to catch. Either way it looks like Avatar will have second all-time wrapped up pretty easily.

it's because of the 3D and/or IMAX surcharge...i wish they'd measure movies by tickets sold and not dollar value too, because we all know movie ticket prices have been climbing like crazy

You are 100% correct, it's all that IMAX ticketing which in many places is twice as much. That 2 for 1 pricing makes sales numbers pretty easy to hit.

Unfortunately, they never really tracked that accurately and the population has over a million births more than deaths every 3 days right now. There is well over a billion more people out there today than there was a decade ago and getting to movies and nearness of theaters playing those movies is more convenient. There will never be a good measurement. I put no stock in these sales records for movies or music no matter what way they track it.

Sidenote Dan, I have another tv site I use daily. I PM'd you two of them awhile back, If I remember I'll get you that 3rd one.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:22 am

steelerfan513 wrote:Up in the Air - Very few complaints; an extremely well done movie. I may not have been paying enough attention to criticize though, as I really, really had to go to the bathroom for about the last hour and a half and decided to hold it in. :-b If you feel like going to see a movie and it's playing, it's worth checking out for sure.

Saw this the other night. Probably my favorite movie of the year. George Clooney was fantastic and his assistant( too lazy to look it up) was pretty damn good herself. Also, Matt Damon's girlfriend from The Departed(again lazy) went from being definitely doable 30's chick then, to late 40's old and leathery chick now, in like 3 years... But, Jason Reitman has done nothing but impress me with his latest movies(Thank You For Smoking, Juno, and now Up In the Air), and this is definitely something everyone should check out.

I also finally saw Avatar in 3D yesterday. Amazing. I'm sure everyone's heard all about it but, yeah, it was amazing. Also Dan, yeah they "hook up" with their ponytails. The complete Avatar script just leaked online and there was a definite ponytail love scene that didn't make it to the final cut.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cardiac cats » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:14 pm

It's been awhile since a review...

Slither 7.5/10

Good, campy, horror fun...and funny to boot. This is a movie my friends always said was good so I finally decided to give it a shot. Great prosthetics work on the creatures and a handfull of delightfully gruesome scenes are the highlights. Oh yeah, and some great one liners ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk