What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Metroid » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:14 am

Moon - Absolutely loved it. I'd been wanting to see it for a while now and finally got around to it. It's a little bizarre but not hard to follow at all. I pretty much had it figured out really early on, but that didn't detract from how good the film was. I'm a big Sam Rockwell fan and he didn't disappoint. Kevin Spacey as the voice of GERTY was great too. That was pretty much the entire cast. The sets were fantastic, and I loved that they used miniatures rather than CG for most of the effects. To me it makes for a much more realistic look and feel. This is definitely one I'm going to buy.

I'll give it 4 out of 5 Mets.

:-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:09 pm

American Beauty - Finally got around to watching this beginning to end and absolutely loved it. It's hilarious that the two perceived "weird people" in the movie are the ones who have their crap together more than anyone else. If you haven't seen it, do it. The acting is great, the plot is great, and the characters themselves interact spectacularly.

Collateral - Meh. I couldn't get over a lot of the unrealistic aspects of the movie (including both main characters surviving a car crash pretty much uninjured despite neither wearing a seat belt), and Jamie Foxx put in a pretty weak performance IMO. Tom Cruise was alright, but I thought the philosophy they decided to give him that he used to justify being a hitman was pretty weak; I just couldn't buy his character. The plot itself was pretty good, but the movie was lacking pretty much everywhere else.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:35 am

Extract: Good but not great. It had its moments but it left me wanting more. I liked the "averageness" and quirks of the characters, a little like Office Space in that way, which is a good thing. All in all it had a bland feel to it though. I'll have to watch it again at some point and see if it's one of those that grows on you.

Jennifer's Body: I actually liked it. It was silly and had a campy feel, reminded me a lot of Jawbreaker. I didn't love it but I was entertained. Megan Fox was nice to look at, and her make out session with her girlfriend was pretty sweet. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:57 pm

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The A-Team, in theaters June 11.

I pity the fool...
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Valentine's Day 8.5/10

I know what you're all thinking, but this really isn't a chick flick. Its a comedy about relationships and love and all that. It was actually one of the better comedies I've seen in a while. All-star cast were all great, even Taylor Swift surprisingly. She plays an absolute moron who is "in love" with the captain of the track team.

Anyway I highly recommend seeing this one in theatres, and you can probably score some brownie points with the missus for going.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:22 am

scottaa1 wrote:YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The A-Team, in theaters June 11.

I pity the fool...

Rampage Jackson is playing the role of BA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxyvdpk3WDU
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:57 am

recent viewings

Zombieland - good, but i was expecting more
7/10

A Serious Man latest Coen Bros flick...i dug it
8/10

The Hurt Locker it was good, but nothing i think is best picture worthy
7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:10 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Valentine's Day 8.5/10

I know what you're all thinking, but this really isn't a chick flick. Its a comedy about relationships and love and all that. It was actually one of the better comedies I've seen in a while. All-star cast were all great, even Taylor Swift surprisingly. She plays an absolute moron who is "in love" with the captain of the track team.

Anyway I highly recommend seeing this one in theatres, and you can probably score some brownie points with the missus for going.

I agree. This was worth seeing. Alot of stars.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:22 am

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Excellent movie. Great acting and a very unique story. If you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth a see.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:23 pm

The Wolfman 7/10

Meh. The acting was pretty good (I love Anthony Hopkins), but they made it almost too gory. Not so much as to make people sick, but it almost reminded me of the gore from cheesy horror flicks from the 80's and 90's.

Taken 8.5/10

Second time for me. Awesome movie with a great performance from Neeson. Definately worth the watch if you haven't seen it yet.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine 8/10

Another good one. I liked this more than the original trilogy, so if you liked the first 3, you will definately enjoy this.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk