What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby joejlitz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:46 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Saw it a few weeks ago, but forgot to say something - The Fighter was an awesome movie. Christian Bale plays a phenomenal crack addict, and I don't mean that jokingly, really impressive.

;-D

Bale was awesome.

The movie made me go out abd buy the Ward Gatti trilogoy of fights. If you have never seen them, you are missing out. Those are two of the toughest fighters to ever step in the ring and their fights are epic.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:42 pm

joejlitz wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Saw it a few weeks ago, but forgot to say something - The Fighter was an awesome movie. Christian Bale plays a phenomenal crack addict, and I don't mean that jokingly, really impressive.

;-D

Bale was awesome.

The movie made me go out abd buy the Ward Gatti trilogoy of fights. If you have never seen them, you are missing out. Those are two of the toughest fighters to ever step in the ring and their fights are epic.

just watched some youtube vids. Good lord, Gatti's got a chin like Chris Leben. And how many ribs did Ward break? damn. Crazy fights.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Canacuna » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:59 pm

I finally got around to watching Silverado. I'd never seen it before and my buddies were saying how great it was - compared it to Unforgiven and Tombstone.

...yeah, nothing like Unforgiven or Tombstone. I went into it thinking it was going to be a darker western and it was more of an action-comedy.

I liked it, and think I would have enjoyed it a lot more had I gone into it looking for more of an 80's action-comedy movie.

Jake: All I did was kiss a girl!
Emmett: They got you in jail for that?
Jake: Yeah, I kissed a girl, and this other fella didn't like it, so we had some words, and so I decided to get out of there. So I did, I got out of there. You know me, Emmett, I don't want no trouble. So, I go outside, and this fellow tries to shoot me in the back.
Emmett: You had to kill him?
Jake: No, no, I winged him. And he dropped his gun.
Emmett: They got you in jail for winging a guy?
Jake: Well... no, not exactly. Because, see, then his friend opened up on me.
Emmett: What friend is that?
Jake: The one with the shotgun.
Sheriff Langston: The DEAD one.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bungle613 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Canacuna wrote:I finally got around to watching Silverado. I'd never seen it before and my buddies were saying how great it was - compared it to Unforgiven and Tombstone.

...yeah, nothing like Unforgiven or Tombstone. I went into it thinking it was going to be a darker western and it was more of an action-comedy.

I liked it, and think I would have enjoyed it a lot more had I gone into it looking for more of an 80's action-comedy movie.

Jake: All I did was kiss a girl!
Emmett: They got you in jail for that?
Jake: Yeah, I kissed a girl, and this other fella didn't like it, so we had some words, and so I decided to get out of there. So I did, I got out of there. You know me, Emmett, I don't want no trouble. So, I go outside, and this fellow tries to shoot me in the back.
Emmett: You had to kill him?
Jake: No, no, I winged him. And he dropped his gun.
Emmett: They got you in jail for winging a guy?
Jake: Well... no, not exactly. Because, see, then his friend opened up on me.
Emmett: What friend is that?
Jake: The one with the shotgun.
Sheriff Langston: The DEAD one.

Good to see you around Cuna.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:31 am

I just watched an old one - War of the Roses (1989, I think), with Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner, and Danny Devito. Douglas and Turner have a great marriage for many years that turns ugly. When Turner wants a divorce, they fight over who will get the house (actually, it's a mansion/estate) and the rest of the movie centers on the antics each plays to get the other to move out of the house. It wasn't great, but not bad either - I thought it would be funnier.

I've got Paranormal Activity 2 ready to go...maybe tonight.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:25 pm

War of the Roses was actually mid to late 15th century.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:10 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:War of the Roses was actually mid to late 15th century.

actually the Rose Bowl debuted in 1902.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:40 am

scottaa1 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:War of the Roses was actually mid to late 15th century.

actually the Rose Bowl debuted in 1902.

Even has relevance to the board. Touche.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joejlitz » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Life as We Know It
5/10

I'm pretty tired of Katherine Heigl, though my wife loves her. It just seems that every movie she is in, she plays a non-stop talking (b)witch. So, she has her good moments, but more bad moments.

The movie had some funny spots, but not worth watching unless your wife or girlfriend is really dying to see this flick, and then only to make her happy. 2 full hours of Ugggg.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:06 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:Zoolander :-D Flipping through channels and it was on. It's one of those movies that I will pretty much always stop to watch at least part of, just like Caddyshack and Airplane. Stupid fun.

i'm the same way with it

This was one again while flipping through channels. Ya know what? Billy Zane's voice reminds me of Obama's, and they have some of the same mannerisms as well. Maybe Obama could play Zane when they do his Biography on A&E.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk