What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:25 pm

I saw Man of the House today, its actually a pretty good movie. It wasn't that funny, but had its moments. It has something for everyone, action, comedy, and some romance. The action was actually pretty good. It's definitely worth a rental when it comes out.

Plus those cheerleaders are smokin' hot.

8/10
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:41 pm

Just saw Napolean Dynomite for the first time... decent flick. Pretty funny, but man that guy is weird. Good dancer though... :-)

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:45 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Just saw Napolean Dynomite for the first time... decent flick. Pretty funny, but man that guy is weird. Good dancer though... :-)

who said white guys cant dance :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:27 pm

Spongebob Squarepants the Movie. I love the spongy one and the movie was greeat had my 4 year old son entranced, laughing and clapping. That alone made the movie great to me, the ending was so 80s i loved it. This may be biased because i saw my son having such a good time watching it but i would give it 10/10. ;-D ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:33 am

Stand By Me. yes...im still on my eightees kick :-) anyways, had never seen it before. had its touching moments, but overall it was kinda a depressing movie. also...it kinda left you hangin as to what was gonna happen from the older gang guys who said they would get them back. i dont buy into all the hype with this one...it was ok, but not great.
7/10
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:32 am

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: 9/10
I don't know if it quite deserves its #11 ranking on IMDB.com, but it was an excellent movie nonetheless. Jack Nicholson was perfect! And now I finally understand that scene in The Simpsons, when Barney visits Homer in the hospital and "can't bear to see him like this". :-b
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:40 am

Nilmerf wrote:One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: 9/10
I don't know if it quite deserves its #11 ranking on IMDB.com, but it was an excellent movie nonetheless. Jack Nicholson was perfect! And now I finally understand that scene in The Simpsons, when Barney visits Homer in the hospital and "can't bear to see him like this". :-b

never seen this one, but i guess it was filmed not too far away from my house at the hospital here. ill have to check this one out too.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canacuna » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:39 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: 9/10

never seen this one, but i guess it was filmed not too far away from my house at the hospital here. ill have to check this one out too.

That movie is one of my all-time faves! ;-D ;-D

I'll be watching Be Cool later today... I'll report back.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:31 am

Watched Without a Paddle last night. I'd give it 6/10. Entertaining but hell I could have written the plot and dialogue myself. I thought it was very predictable overall. I did like the two rednecks though.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:12 pm

Saw Gangs of New York finally. I give it an 8/10.

Its a bit slow in the middle, but a well thought out plot and characters. Daniel Day Lewis steals the show with an incredible acting performance as a villain you can't help but like even though he's simply horrible.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk