What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:18 pm

has anyone seen Pi? i just saw it and am totally confused
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:02 pm

I bought Pi from a bargain bin a couple years ago, but never got around to watching it... I heard it's good... but then again, I heard Mulholland Drive was good - and apart from that one scene - I didn't enjoy it (or maybe I'm just too stupid to understand what the hell was going on).
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:32 am

I don't think I posted this one up so I will...

Last night the wife and I watched Collateral...

It was ok..Kinda slow in parts, but you could see the ending coming a mile away.

Cruise was alright. Not a huge Jamie Foxx fan but the movie was ok. I guess I would give it 7/10..Wouldn't go out of my way to buy it or anything, but I suppose worth a rental...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:57 am

Wow this is a long thread...I'll just post the movie I've seen most recently.

National Treasure - 6/10

My grading scale is obviously different that other people's. 10/10 is the best movie ever. 1/10 would be the worst movie ever. 4/10 is the rent if forced by female line, while 6/10 is the rent on my own line.

There was a lot of unrealistic escapes, nearly XXX style. It would have been nice to see some more character development as well, but other than that, there weren't too many flaws.

Very creative plot line...kept me entertained throughout the movie.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:17 am

watched be cool...with travolta, uma thurman and vince vaughn...among others.

i actually liked this movie a lot. it had good humor, and good story..and was different than most movies you watch.

vaughns character was awesome...and the rock playing his gay bodygaurd is classic. those 2 stole the show.

i would recommend seeing this movie for sure. id give it 8.5/10.

if you do happen to see it, check out the size of those dudes in the escalades 8-o they are so big (muscle wise) they dont even look human. especially that dude in the green celtics jersey. :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:42 am

I actually just rent Saw for the first time tonight. I've been meaning to see it for awhile and I finally had some free time after softball. So ya, I absolutely loved it! Keep me on the edge of my seat the whole time and the ending.. I only have one word - WOW!

I wish they would make more movies like this one

I give it a ^10^
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:50 am

deluxe_247 wrote:watched be cool...with travolta, uma thurman and vince vaughn...among others.

i actually liked this movie a lot. it had good humor, and good story..and was different than most movies you watch.

vaughns character was awesome...and the rock playing his gay bodygaurd is classic. those 2 stole the show.

i would recommend seeing this movie for sure. id give it 8.5/10.

if you do happen to see it, check out the size of those dudes in the escalades 8-o they are so big (muscle wise) they dont even look human. especially that dude in the green celtics jersey. :-o

good to hear it was a good movie, i just saw get shorty for the first time last week and was thinking about renting this
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:57 am

J2thez929 wrote:I actually just rent Saw for the first time tonight. I've been meaning to see it for awhile and I finally had some free time after softball. So ya, I absolutely loved it! Keep me on the edge of my seat the whole time and the ending.. I only have one word - WOW!

I wish they would make more movies like this one

I give it a ^10^

Totally agree with you, im huge into horror and macabe flicks. I only have one problem with the ending which i wont disclose just in case someone hasnt seen it yet.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:09 am

I don't know what it is about the movie, but anytime Rounders is on, I've got to stop and watch it. Not the most solid dialogue or story but damn entertaining.

7.5/10 ;-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:13 am

its the acting, john malkovich and edward norton are two of my favorite actors and both are amazing in rounders.

has been a while since ive seen it but i think its safe to say id give it a 8/10
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk