What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What movies did you see today?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Venom wrote:Watching Death Race on FX...DVD on TV. Nice to see the occasional outtakes and "making of" video clips.

So far it has kept my attention. It reminds of the video game Twisted Metal, which was awesome. It helps that Jason Statham is in it. Effects aren't too bad, either.

i've only seen the original with Stallone and David Carradine
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:18 am

U-Turn. 1997 Oliver Stone film that got like 2.5 stars, but I remember really liking it when it came out. Sean Penn plays a degenerate gambler/drifter whose car breaks down in the middle-of-nowhere Arizona. He meets Jennifer Lopez, who is married to an abusive Nick Nolte. He hooks up with Lopez and Nolte catches them together and later hires Penn to kill Lopez.

Best part of the movie: Supporting Cast
Joaquin Phoenix plays Toby N. Tucker. "People around here call me TNT. You know why, boy? Because I'm just like dynamite and when I go off, people get hurt." He a small-town hick with a chip on his shoulder for Penn who he thinks is "making time with his girl," played by Claire Daines who does another great job portrays a delusional hick chick that tries to get any man she sees to like her.

Billy Bob Thornton plays Darrell, the untrustworthy and dangerous mechanic who works on Penn's car. Penn and he get into it several times and Thornton plays the role to the hilt.

Also noteworthy are Jon Voigt as a "wise" blind man and Powers Boothe who plays the town cop. Hell, even Liv Tyler makes an appearance.

Stone's directing is a bit reminiscent of the job done in Natural Born Killers, but on quaaludes. The craziness is kept to a minimum, but the quick and sometimes strange cut-aways are still there.

As a kid, this got 5/5 stars for me. As a 38-year old man, I still give it 4/5. Pretty damn good movie with an awesome supporting case.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:45 pm

joejlitz wrote:U-Turn. 1997 Oliver Stone film that got like 2.5 stars, but I remember really liking it when it came out. Sean Penn plays a degenerate gambler/drifter whose car breaks down in the middle-of-nowhere Arizona. He meets Jennifer Lopez, who is married to an abusive Nick Nolte. He hooks up with Lopez and Nolte catches them together and later hires Penn to kill Lopez.

Best part of the movie: Supporting Cast
Joaquin Phoenix plays Toby N. Tucker. "People around here call me TNT. You know why, boy? Because I'm just like dynamite and when I go off, people get hurt." He a small-town hick with a chip on his shoulder for Penn who he thinks is "making time with his girl," played by Claire Daines who does another great job portrays a delusional hick chick that tries to get any man she sees to like her.

Billy Bob Thornton plays Darrell, the untrustworthy and dangerous mechanic who works on Penn's car. Penn and he get into it several times and Thornton plays the role to the hilt.

Also noteworthy are Jon Voigt as a "wise" blind man and Powers Boothe who plays the town cop. Hell, even Liv Tyler makes an appearance.

Stone's directing is a bit reminiscent of the job done in Natural Born Killers, but on quaaludes. The craziness is kept to a minimum, but the quick and sometimes strange cut-aways are still there.

As a kid, this got 5/5 stars for me. As a 38-year old man, I still give it 4/5. Pretty damn good movie with an awesome supporting case.

One more thing that makes this great. JLO is naked in it and you see her breasts and nipples. B-)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:03 pm

not for a movie I've seen, as it's not coming out till May. Did you guys see the trailer for the Neeson movie Battleship? Looks like a good mindless action flick, based on the classic board game. Iowa-class battleship and other units blow up aliens. It can't lose.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby raghubodi » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:51 am

Hi..any new movies where can i download...????
wordpress web hosting services
raghubodi
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby joejlitz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:54 pm

Just watched Lucky Number Slevin again. Great movie with a great twist, great acting, and great dialogue. I've never been a fan of Lucy Liu, but she's cute in her first few scenes, too. Overall, 5/5.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:48 pm

The Superman movie from the 70's, with Marlon Brando and Christopher Reeve. Great, great movie. If you haven't seen it since you were a kid, watch it again just for the feel-good nature of it.

But... ok, so he stops the missile heading for New Jersey (Jet's fans might ask, 'why?' ), but then spins the earth backwards to undo the missile that hit California... wouldn't he of not saved Jersey if he then saved California? Not that it is a bad choice, and Miss Tessmacher is a hottie, after all. I'm just sayin'
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joejlitz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Lincoln Lawyer with Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Phillipe. Surprisingly good movie with a good plot. Phillipe is accused of assaulting a hooker; McConaughey has to defend him.

McConaughey is likeable as a competent lawyer with street smarts. 7.5/10 stars.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Killer Elite with Jason Statham, Clive Owens, and Bobby DeNiro.

I liked it, wife not so much.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Driver.

Quite good. Ryan Gosling plays the strong, but silent type a little bit too much, but the storyline is good and Gosling is likeable in this. He plays a stunt driver in LA who moonlights as a wheelman for criminals. He gets involved with the wrong woman and her husband who just got out of jail and the action is on. Definitely worth 2 hours. Meh ending, so I'm only going 7/10 on this.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk