What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:18 pm

Charlie24 wrote:just saw Batman Begins and its maybe the best batman movie ever... the only thing that dissapointed me was the fact that scarecrow didnt have a bigger role in the movie... and its great how they show how Batman and Gordon meet... It was overall a great movie IMO with good acting and everything... That was one Bad Ass batman ;-D

hope I'm not giving away any spoilers with these comments B-)

"why do you do all those push ups if you cant even push a log?" - Alfred

yeah that was my main beef..the presence of a defined bad guy wasnt really a part of the movie, more or less just explaining things. if you take it for that, it a great movie.....but i expected more from the scarecrow.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A2theIzzo » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:32 pm

According to you guys, Batman looks to be great. Im going to plan my movie trip ;-D
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:11 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Charlie24 wrote:just saw Batman Begins and its maybe the best batman movie ever... the only thing that dissapointed me was the fact that scarecrow didnt have a bigger role in the movie... and its great how they show how Batman and Gordon meet... It was overall a great movie IMO with good acting and everything... That was one Bad Ass batman ;-D

hope I'm not giving away any spoilers with these comments B-)

"why do you do all those push ups if you cant even push a log?" - Alfred

yeah that was my main beef..the presence of a defined bad guy wasnt really a part of the movie, more or less just explaining things. if you take it for that, it a great movie.....but i expected more from the scarecrow.

Maybe thats why it's called Batman Begins! ;-)
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:41 pm

Watched a movie late last night.

Meet The Fockers

I had heard lots of good things about the movie. Maybe I'd heard too many good things, cause I was a little dissapointed. Most of the funny stuff I had heard about or had seen in the previews. Lots of other personal things going through my mind yesterday anyway, so maybe with a clean mind, I would like it better. ONly 5/10.

One of the funny parts..........a$$$$$$$$ Holllle......I cracked up every time the kid said it. ;-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:43 pm

SeaWolf wrote:Maybe thats why it's called Batman Begins! ;-)

ahhaa.. yeah i think you are on to something :-b ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:05 pm

SeaWolf wrote:Watched a movie late last night.

Meet The Fockers

I had heard lots of good things about the movie. Maybe I'd heard too many good things, cause I was a little dissapointed. Most of the funny stuff I had heard about or had seen in the previews. Lots of other personal things going through my mind yesterday anyway, so maybe with a clean mind, I would like it better. ONly 5/10.

One of the funny parts..........a$$$$$$$$ Holllle......I cracked up every time the kid said it. ;-D

Your not alone, i saw it the other night and was disappointed in it to say the least. Maybe because everyone kept telling me how good it was. I went in with high expectations and could barely watch the whole thing.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:22 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:Watched a movie late last night.

Meet The Fockers

Your not alone, i saw it the other night and was disappointed in it to say the least. Maybe because everyone kept telling me how good it was. I went in with high expectations and could barely watch the whole thing.

While I found it definitely watchable with some good laughs, it was no where near the caliber of the first one. Was it just me or did they milk EVERY joke that they could from the first one without adding that much else? That's certainly what it felt like.

That kid was hysterical. I told the wife that I'm going to "Fockerize" our son. :-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:25 pm

i agree, not as good as the first one, and did borrow the humor quite a bit. it entertained me though, so i wont hate on it too much. ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canacuna » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:40 am

I watched Hitch on Friday night... I expected the worst from it, but it was actually somewhat entertaining.

I also watched Gangs of New York over the weekend. Good movie. ;-D

...next up... Sopranos Seasons 1 & 2.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:04 am

We watched After the Sunset yesterday afternoon, and it was pretty good. Not the best, but Salma sure is hot.

Cheesy ending...I give it 7/10
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk