What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:36 am

Been gone for the week, so I have a little bit of a movie report:

Batman Begins

Go see it. I still prefer Tim Burton's first Batman, but this movie was done exceptionally well. The cast lives up to billing, the world is dark instead of cartoony again, and there are many easter eggs for die-hard Batman fans stemming from both the comics and the cartoon.

9/10

Galaxy Quest

This was a surprisingly funny movie. The main characters play former sci-fi TV stars whom an alien race in need of salvation mistakes for a real spaceship crew. Tim Allen was perfectly casted to essentially parody William Shattner. Any Star Trek fan would absolutely love the movie, but its funny even if you don't get all of the references. The best part was the red-shirt guy. "I'm the guy who dies to prove the situation is dangerous!"

7.5/10

Desperado

Its been too long since I saw this movie, because I forgot how good it was. No sense of realism, but just a great style throughout the whole movie even the fight scenes. One of, if not Antonio Banderas's best movie. You gotta love the guys with rocket launcher and gattling gun guitar cases, a one man assault on an armored car by a knife thrower, and best of all, the bar fight.

9/10
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:22 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:We watched After the Sunset yesterday afternoon, and it was pretty good. Not the best, but Salma sure is hot.

Cheesy ending...I give it 7/10

Was that you and the baby sitter, or signifigant other :-] ?

I saw National Treasure and it stunk. Worst .99 cent I ever spent.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:24 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:We watched After the Sunset yesterday afternoon, and it was pretty good. Not the best, but Salma sure is hot.

OMG! Please tell me that there is something in this for you. No man should have to watch this.

Watched Flight of the Phoenix last night. Man, that movie was not what I expected at all. It really caught me off guard with alot of the surreal editting. It was a decent enough movie for the most part but started coming apart towards the end, much like the plane in the movie.

I'd say about a 6.5/10.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A2theIzzo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:27 pm

Man i just saw batman yesterday and it was an absolutely AMAZING movie. It made a superhero acually realistic, and they set up the next movie real nicely with him looking at the Joker Card.

5 thumbs up!

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:30 pm

Redskins Win wrote:

Was that you and the baby sitter, or signifigant other :-] ?

I saw National Treasure and it stunk. Worst .99 cent I ever spent.

Lol..Yeah there was a bottle of Cab in it for me, and I got to see Salma Hayek wearing next to nothing. But ya other than that it wasn't that great. haha.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:12 pm

Over the weekend I saw Batman Begins and Glory, and I have to say I enjoyed both very much. Batman surprised me, I didnt expect much more than a half-hearted effort to take the series to another level. Its serious and dark tone were welcome relief at the goofiness of the last couple movies. Glory, a civil war movie about the first black regiment, was very entertaining and definitely worth a look. There was fine acting provided by Matthew Broderick, Morgan Freeman, and Denzel Washington as well.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ABC » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:20 pm

These movies are kinda dated, but since I spend all my times on this form and work, we have to stay home!! *joking* ha ha ha!!

I saw Blade Trinity on DVD. It sucked!! If you thought National Treasure was bad, Blade 3 makes that movie look like an Oscar winner!! :-t

Oceans 12 was okay. As long as you did not try to poke holes in the movie, it was not bad.

My wife and I watched 13 going on 30. It was light heared and entertaining. ;-D
ABC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby defianthart » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:04 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:Over the weekend I saw Batman Begins and Glory, and I have to say I enjoyed both very much. Batman surprised me, I didnt expect much more than a half-hearted effort to take the series to another level. Its serious and dark tone were welcome relief at the goofiness of the last couple movies. Glory, a civil war movie about the first black regiment, was very entertaining and definitely worth a look. There was fine acting provided by Matthew Broderick, Morgan Freeman, and Denzel Washington as well.

i saw glory a little while back on some movie channel, i went into it not expecting much but its was acutally pretty good. chalk up another one for definitely worth a look
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A2theIzzo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:05 pm

defianthart wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:Over the weekend I saw Batman Begins and Glory, and I have to say I enjoyed both very much. Batman surprised me, I didnt expect much more than a half-hearted effort to take the series to another level. Its serious and dark tone were welcome relief at the goofiness of the last couple movies. Glory, a civil war movie about the first black regiment, was very entertaining and definitely worth a look. There was fine acting provided by Matthew Broderick, Morgan Freeman, and Denzel Washington as well.

i saw glory a little while back on some movie channel, i went into it not expecting much but its was acutally pretty good. chalk up another one for definitely worth a look

Funny you just saw it too, cause one of my teachers showed the movie to us on the last day of school :-b
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:51 pm

A2theIzzo wrote:Funny you just saw it too, cause one of my teachers showed the movie to us on the last day of school :-b

Yea I wouldn't expect many people to have seen both Batman and Glory in the past couple days. :-)

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk