What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:06 am

defianthart wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Watched Pulp Fiction for about the 7th time last night. Too bad it was on Spike and thus was censored. Still one of my favorite movies of all-time.

"And I will strike down with great vengeance and furious anger, on those who attempt to poison and destory my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee"
-Jules

Bad-ass muthaf*cka.

9.5/10

my favorite movie ever. did you know that jules misquotes that bible passage?

I didn't know that. If you are basing it off my quote though there is a good chance I wrote it down wrong as I did it from memory.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:18 am

i got back to basics with an 80's movie again. watched the money pit with tom hanks and that girl from cheers (dont remember her name ;-) . got quite a few laughs outta this one...id seen it before, but not since it came out so i only remembered the basics. i loved the part when the bathtub fell through the floor and hanks just sat there laughing, or the kitchen part where the turkey flies out the window. id give it a 8.5/10. good laughs. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:00 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
defianthart wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Watched Pulp Fiction for about the 7th time last night. Too bad it was on Spike and thus was censored. Still one of my favorite movies of all-time.

"And I will strike down with great vengeance and furious anger, on those who attempt to poison and destory my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee"
-Jules

Bad-ass muthaf*cka.

9.5/10

my favorite movie ever. did you know that jules misquotes that bible passage?

I didn't know that. If you are basing it off my quote though there is a good chance I wrote it down wrong as I did it from memory.

this is what he says:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

and ezekiel 25:17 which is what he says it is:

"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

the parts he added are from Psalm 23, i believe. i also read that when he recites it in the restaurant its slightly different although i havent watched it with that in mind so i dunno if thats true. apparently it was also stolen word for word from a 70s karate flick called The Bodyguard.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ironhorse75 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:56 pm

In Pulp Fiction, did you guys know that they didn't win the dance competition?

Watched Chinatown last night. Ocean's Eleven today.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby cardiac cats » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:35 pm

You guys need to check out thriller max tonight Sat. 25th at 12:30... Teenage Caveman is coming on and the movie is crazy. It was directed by larry clark(the guy who did "kids"), so check it out and give your opinions here.

I give it an 8 out of 10 just for its pure lunacy alone.

and P.S. ... I squirted ;-D(watch the movie and you'll understand)
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:55 pm

Saw Batman last night. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought they developed the whole "Batman" character well and of course there was some dope action scenes. I give it an 8.5 outta 10.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:04 pm

cardiac cats wrote:You guys need to check out thriller max tonight Sat. 25th at 12:30... Teenage Caveman is coming on and the movie is crazy. It was directed by larry clark(the guy who did "kids"), so check it out and give your opinions here.

I give it an 8 out of 10 just for its pure lunacy alone.

and P.S. ... I squirted ;-D(watch the movie and you'll understand)

ill DVR it on your recommendation, kids was awesome so hopefully this will be too

defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby defianthart » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:58 pm

just saw whats eating gilbert grape for the first time. definitely one of the best movies ive ever seen, the ending was really sad and sorta struck home for me :,-(

9/10

defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:21 pm

Just saw Longest Yard........8/10

Good movie.but got a little old with the "jail" jokes
LooseCannon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lushcrush » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:09 pm

defianthart wrote:just saw whats eating gilbert grape for the first time. definitely one of the best movies ive ever seen, the ending was really sad and sorta struck home for me :,-(

9/10

That is a great movie ... ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk