What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:10 pm

watched coach carter last night. i really enjoyed it. kept my interest the whole move and samuel jackson did an awesome job acting. good story and some tear jerker moments. id give it an 8.5/10
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:14 pm

I saw Very Bad Things last night. Disturbing movie to say the least. It's one of those films that keeps you interested enough to watch, but really doesn't have a whole lot of re-watch value. It's too dark to be a comedy but not dramatic enough to be called a drama. It's just weird. I will say this, the last scene in the movie is hilarious and there are some moments that got me to snicker a little, but it just isn't my taste.

5/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:31 pm

Watched Not Another Teen Movie last night...Just hilarious. We have seen it a number of times, but always something new you catch it seems...

I think it was cheesy and funny. Could have done without Molly Ringwald, but eh what can you do.

7/10....Funny as heck always keeps you laughing..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:34 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Watched Not Another Teen Movie last night...Just hilarious. We have seen it a number of times, but always something new you catch it seems...

I think it was cheesy and funny. Could have done without Molly Ringwald, but eh what can you do.

I've seen that wayyy too many times between DVD and Comedy Central where it's on alot. Still great every time, gotta love it. ;-D
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:50 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Watched Not Another Teen Movie last night...Just hilarious. We have seen it a number of times, but always something new you catch it seems...

I've seen that wayyy too many times between DVD and Comedy Central where it's on alot. Still great every time, gotta love it. ;-D

Yeah it's one of those really funny, cheesy comedies man that once you see the start of a scene you remember what's going to happen..That's cool man. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:58 pm

I watched Girl Next Door on HBO tonight (I finally did it, Mookie!). I really liked it. ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:16 pm

Canacuna wrote:I watched Girl Next Door on HBO tonight (I finally did it, Mookie!). I really liked it. ;-D

Awesome movie (she is soooo hott ;-D ;-D 8-o )
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:17 pm

I watched the Boondock Saints the other night, a great movie. I love the twist at the end, plus the action is awesome.

9/10
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:19 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:watched coach carter last night. i really enjoyed it. kept my interest the whole move and samuel jackson did an awesome job acting. good story and some tear jerker moments. id give it an 8.5/10

That was my girfriend and me's first date. We saw that in theatre, and went out for dinner after. Good movie though. 9/10
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:40 pm

I went to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith last night with a couple of friends. I have a friend that is all over Brad Pitt's wang and he has been raving about it, so I had fairly high expectations (he raved about Fight Club and I loved it). The movie was pretty good in general as it had decent action scenes and some pretty funny moments, but there were small things that were pissing me off.

Eg.
-Every bullet except one that is shot at them (out of thousands) misses or hits them in the bullet proof vests.
-Jolie's car crashes in one scene, and then she is driving the same car in perfect condition the next.
-This stupid song when they are fighting (its a famous one, I don't remember the name) that didn't jive w/ the movie at all.

Those things start to bother me after a while.

7.5/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk