What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:17 pm

Watched "Assult on Precinct 13" last night, and I can say I was pleased. Ac ouple of parts weren't as realistic as it probably should have been, but all the while, kept me on my toes the entire movie, kind of a predictable twist at the end, if you payed attention the whole movie.

8.5/10
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:18 pm

creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:Watched "Assult on Precinct 13" last night, and I can say I was pleased. Ac ouple of parts weren't as realistic as it probably should have been, but all the while, kept me on my toes the entire movie, kind of a predictable twist at the end, if you payed attention the whole movie.

8.5/10

That movie is incredible, I saw it in theaters and thought it was the greatest B-)
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:19 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
Canacuna wrote:I watched Girl Next Door on HBO tonight (I finally did it, Mookie!). I really liked it. ;-D

Awesome movie (she is soooo hott ;-D ;-D 8-o )

I'll second that motion. Only seen the version on cable. Anyone seen the unrated version? Just curious if it's worth renting for the extras. }:-)

I saw the unrated, never saw the original though, so I don't know how different they are. If you are going to rent a movie for the "extras", rent the unrated version of Boat Trip }:-)
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:44 pm

Uh oh, someone's been naughty }:-) ^^^
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:01 pm

I'm gonna be checking out War of the Worlds tonight so I will give a review sometime late nite/early morning
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:46 pm

J2thez929 wrote:I'm gonna be checking out War of the Worlds tonight so I will give a review sometime late nite/early morning

nice im also going to see it at 7:30 ;-D cant wait...its looks sick.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:32 am

ok ...saw war of the worlds. let me say it had a lot of freakin tense moments. not tense like scary...but tense liking waiting for things to happen. pretty good acting, i especially love the little girl in the movie- she is great in everything ive seen her in.

the conclusion of the movie is kinda fast and weak IMO, but its still worth a watch for sure. id give it a 7.5/10.

great special effects too. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:50 am

Well, I saw War of the Worlds yesterday and I have mixed feelings on the movie. First off, I thought the acting was superb. Especially, Dakota Fanning. She is amazing for being such a young actress. The movie had great special effects. The whole concept was great but I felt the movie feel flat towards the end. I'm not gonna give anything away but I thought the ending was wrapped up so fast like they didn't know how to end the movie correctly. Thats just my take. There were a few other lame parts like why the hell was everyone walking to Boston? :-?

But overall, it was a good movie to see just for the fact of the action/special effects scenes. I give it 6/10 ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:12 pm

J2thez929 wrote: There were a few other lame parts like why the hell was everyone walking to Boston? :-?
I think because it was a place to go. I think the army was telling people to go there. I thought it was a great movie. Very very good acting from all of the characters. The special effects were amazing(I think this movie dethroned Titanic as most expensive movie ever). The ending worked for me, but I saw the orignal and already knew how it ended. The first one is better IMOm but this one was still very good. It even had comedy in it. ;-D I give it 8/10
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:04 pm

Just curious...did all you guys who saw WotW ever see the original? My guess is that the way it ended is probably similar to the way it ended in the original, and it was kind of anti-climatic. I was hoping they would make it more dramatic, but it sounds as if it still kind of stuck. I was waiting for Cafe reviews before going to see it, as it was easily one of my favorite movies of all time, and I didn't want to see it butchered.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk