What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:51 pm

Ah I would get one of Jules. He is a G. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:08 pm

Tiki wrote:Ah I would get one of Jules. He is a G. ;-D

This Halloween my friends and I were discussing going as the cast of Pulp Fiction. And I chose none other than---Jules. And yes, I'm white. This is going to be a blast! ;-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby aussieboy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:33 pm

terpfan wrote:I saw War of the Wrolds today too. I liked it, like J said the acting was very good and the special effects were pretty cool as well. I hadn't seen the original, and I didn't even really get the ending at first. It definately did seem to end to quickly. Once my friend explained the ending to me I thought it was a cool way to end it, but I wished they had made it a little more clear. :-?

Hey dude, what about the ending did you like?

Unless I majorly missed the idea I thought the ending was as corny as you could possibly get.

I thought WotW was lame and unoriginal. I understand that it was based on the orginal but I would've liked to see a bit more happen. The acting was good and sure the special effects were excellent but what else was there?
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A2theIzzo » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:08 pm

I also just saw WOTW yesterday and I liked it. Not the best movie ever but definately worth watching IMO.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:30 pm

my wife and I watched In Good Company last night...Wasn't that funny, was very slow, and not enough Scarlett.

Very disappointing 5/10...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:19 pm

**************SPOILER**************......Kinda...

aussieboy wrote:
terpfan wrote:I saw War of the Wrolds today too. I liked it, like J said the acting was very good and the special effects were pretty cool as well. I hadn't seen the original, and I didn't even really get the ending at first. It definately did seem to end to quickly. Once my friend explained the ending to me I thought it was a cool way to end it, but I wished they had made it a little more clear. :-?

Unless I majorly missed the idea I thought the ending was as corny as you could possibly get.

I thought WotW was lame and unoriginal. I understand that it was based on the orginal but I would've liked to see a bit more happen. The acting was good and sure the special effects were excellent but what else was there?

I can see your opinion on lame, but unoriginal? That movie was like no other Sci-Fi I have ever seen. It was even different than the old movie. The movie was based off a book that was written in like the late 1800's, and that book has progressed throughout the years. I think the whole concept of Aliens planned this for years and years hasn't been done in many other movies. Most of the aliens just come and attack. I guess if you don't like the plot than that's all you'll see the movie for, great acting and good special effects. I will agree with you though the movie ened fast and was a little corny with the family dealy. But otherwise I thought it was pretty clever.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:36 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:my wife and I watched In Good Company last night...Wasn't that funny, was very slow, and not enough Scarlett.

im assuming you mean scarlett johanson, if so, i dont think any movie has enough scarlett

;-D ;-D
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aussieboy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:03 am

Tiki wrote:**************SPOILER**************......Kinda...

aussieboy wrote:

I can see your opinion on lame, but unoriginal? That movie was like no other Sci-Fi I have ever seen. It was even different than the old movie. The movie was based off a book that was written in like the late 1800's, and that book has progressed throughout the years. I think the whole concept of Aliens planned this for years and years hasn't been done in many other movies. Most of the aliens just come and attack. I guess if you don't like the plot than that's all you'll see the movie for, great acting and good special effects. I will agree with you though the movie ened fast and was a little corny with the family dealy. But otherwise I thought it was pretty clever.

I agree the story was revolutionary for its time, there is no doubting that at all.

I dunno, i had really high expectations for this movie so I guess I was always gonna be a bit disappointed. I suppose it's hard for any alien take over movie to bring any new ideas to the table. I just woulda liked a bit more out of the movie, than simply one family running away from the aliens the whole time.

I mean, why did the aliens come here? If they came here a million years ago, why didn't they just colonize the planet then? Why wait till civilized beings inhabit the earth to then take over?

As far as a first person movie about fleeing aliens, it's good. I just wanted a bit more.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tiki » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:40 pm

They waited so they could study us and make it so it would be impossible for us to win, but they made a mistake and forgot about other living things. They came because they were jealous of our lifestyle and such. That was all explained in the very beggining of the movie. I do agree with yuou though that if maybe would have been better if they didn't surround the movie around one family.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MadScott » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:10 am

defianthart wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:my wife and I watched In Good Company last night...Wasn't that funny, was very slow, and not enough Scarlett.

im assuming you mean scarlett johanson, if so, i dont think any movie has enough scarlett

;-D ;-D

Can you believe that Benicio Del Toro was tapping that just as she turned 21 and he was like 45? 8-o
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk