What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:18 am

Ahh..suddenly that movie seems a lot better now....Thanks guys. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:37 am

I saw the much discussed 25th Hour the other day. Norton is my favorite actor and he came through with another good performance. Hoffman was also solid and I thought the concept of the entire movie was pretty good. Despite that I found there was too much dialogue and the movie needed a bit more action, it was good on the whole but it could have been better.

7.5/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:47 am

MadScott wrote:
defianthart wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:my wife and I watched In Good Company last night...Wasn't that funny, was very slow, and not enough Scarlett.

Very disappointing 5/10...

im assuming you mean scarlett johanson, if so, i dont think any movie has enough scarlett

;-D ;-D

Can you believe that Benicio Del Toro was tapping that just as she turned 21 and he was like 45? 8-o

rumor round hollywood is scarlett is kind of a :cough:slut:cough:

CC, Norton is my favorite actor too and Hoffman is right up there. i really like 25th hour although it wasnt what i expected. i thought there was 80% talking and 20% acting but it was definitely well directed and very well acted. i think everybody really did a good job with their parts
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 pm

saw Cursed and Boogeyman, both are def. below average. 4 outta 10 for both.

Cursed was just too predictable in some parts and the special effects for the werewolves aren't too great.
Boogeyman was just kinda bland throughout and towards the end, it almost felt too cheesy for a supposed horror flick.

Also saw the jacket- thriller/drama, starring adrien brody and kiera knightley.
I give it 7.5 outta 10. Def. enjoyable, although I wanted a better ending.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:03 am

cardiac cats wrote:saw Cursed and Boogeyman, both are def. below average. 4 outta 10 for both.

Cursed was just too predictable in some parts and the special effects for the werewolves aren't too great.
Boogeyman was just kinda bland throughout and towards the end, it almost felt too cheesy for a supposed horror flick.

Also saw the jacket- thriller/drama, starring adrien brody and kiera knightley.
I give it 7.5 outta 10. Def. enjoyable, although I wanted a better ending

I was just going give that a rent tonite, but I changed my mind cuz I thought it would end up being lame, boring, garbage. Hmmm, I might have to check it out after all ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:06 am

Just saw Celtic Pride. Pretty funny, good movie all around! ;-D 7/10
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:10 am

I actually saw Coach Carter over the weekend and forgot to tell everyone earlier. This was an absolute great sports movie from all aspects of it. Samuel L. Jackson was amazing in his role and movie was very heartfelt, enjoyable, and has a good message.

Final verdict - 9/10. There needs to be more movies like this. Excellent, IMO ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:27 pm

J2thez929 wrote:I actually saw Coach Carter over the weekend and forgot to tell everyone earlier. This was an absolute great sports movie from all aspects of it. Samuel L. Jackson was amazing in his role and movie was very heartfelt, enjoyable, and has a good message.

Final verdict - 9/10. There needs to be more movies like this. Excellent, IMO ;-D
Very very true but the only thing I didn't like was Ashanti,the girl with baby, why wouldn't you cast a better actress?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:15 pm

Saw Hostage last night (Bruce Willis)

If you havent seen it yet, go get it ;-D

8.5/10 Thats a high rating for me :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Flockers » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:30 pm

I watched "Are We There Yet?" last night with my little brother and our cousin. There were some pretty funny parts, but it's definitely a kids movie.

I'd give it a 8/10 for kids.

For adults 5.5/10
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk