What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dave416 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:49 pm

Canacuna wrote:I bought Pi from a bargain bin a couple years ago, but never got around to watching it... I heard it's good... but then again, I heard Mulholland Drive was good - and apart from that one scene - I didn't enjoy it (or maybe I'm just too stupid to understand what the hell was going on).

I usually enjoy these kind of psychological thrillers, but could not even comprehend what was going on in Muholland Drive, and I didnt care to know by the time that 4 hour movie was over.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby defianthart » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:39 pm

i saw Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, unfortunately i havent seen much of steve martin or john candys work before, those guys are hilarious. am i the only one who enjoys movies from the 80s?

8/10
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:01 pm

defianthart wrote:i saw Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, unfortunately i havent seen much of steve martin or john candys work before, those guys are hilarious. am i the only one who enjoys movies from the 80s?

8/10

That was a great movie:

Where's your hand?

It's between two pillows...

Those aren't PILLOWS!
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:32 am

Saw Hostage last night, and, like Homey, thinkit was great! ;-D Superb acting on all of the characters' parts, not as goo as the book though :-/

9/10
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby defianthart » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:31 am

i saw a movie called waking life. it looks pretty cool, there are 25 animators who animate over film, so they film everything and add animation over the people and cars and such later. very intellectual and profound, its a bunch of professors and philosophers, talking about death, dreaming, the universe, and a few other topics. definitely not gonna enjoy it if you dont want to sit down and think hard for a while. best viewed stoned.

8/10
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:57 am

defianthart wrote:i saw a movie called waking life. it looks pretty cool, there are 25 animators who animate over film, so they film everything and add animation over the people and cars and such later. very intellectual and profound, its a bunch of professors and philosophers, talking about death, dreaming, the universe, and a few other topics. definitely not gonna enjoy it if you dont want to sit down and think hard for a while. best viewed stoned.

8/10

I watched this in philosophy, its definetly a good movie, but defianthart is right, if you don't want to put some thought into it don't bother sitting down and watching it, a third of my class was glued to the screen and the other two thirds were sleeping.

I think you hit the nail on the head, I would've killed for a J when I was watching it.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rico the Cute Puppy » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:18 pm

I saw HErbie, it was scary
Rico the Cute Puppy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Dirt Bag » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:10 pm

Saw Hostage the other day, incredible acting and a good story to back it up....not sure who played the character Mars but he was pretty friggin creepy 9/10
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:45 pm

We watched Be Cool last night..Amazing all the cameos in there..But really nothing special...John Travolta makes a lot of movies good, but this one really struggled in my mind.

6/10
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:30 pm

I just saw War of the Worlds. What a disappointment. It's so exciting for the first hour/hour and a half and then, crap. The end of the film is such a monumental failure that the rest of the film is fairly ruined. It's a shame, too. 4/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk