What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:56 pm

I was feeling like crap tonight so I stayed in and watched a movie with my parents. I usually hate picking out a movie since they disagree on any type of movie and I usually end up suggesting 10 quality movies that one likes and the other doesn't. In the end I got so fed up that I sent my pops down to pick up any movie he thought we would all like.

The problem with this is that he just picks one that he and my moms will like and they dig all that artsy crap, which I am not a fan of. He chose In My Country and I figured I was in for a boring 2 hours, the only reason I watched it at all was because it had Samuel L. in it, and I can't pass up a chance to watch the man work.

It was surprisingly good. It was about the amnesty trials after the elimination of Apartheid and these two reporters that were covering them (Samuel L. and Juliette Binoche). It was pretty solid as there was some racial tension and Samuel L. delivered a kick-ass performance as usual. There was also a solid twist at the end which I thought was pretty dope. The only thing that screwed up the movie is that they threw in a gratuitous love plot between the two reporters which I felt was unnecessary and tacked on. Apart from that it was a good movie about what I expected to be a boring topic (not that I'm not interested, but documentary type films don't usually do it for me).

I'll give it an 8/10.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:55 am

Bringing this bad from the dead.

I went out and saw Wedding Crashers last night with some friends. Since it was opening night the place was packed, and I had extremely high expectations. I love all those Frat Pack movies (I give Old School a 10/10) and I was expecting to be at least slightly disappointed.

Didn't happen! This movie was downright hilarious, I was barely able to stop laughing the whole first half, and then the only reason I didn't laugh as much during the 2nd half was because I remembered that I had forgotten to lock the door of my house when I left.

So good, I think everyone should go see this.

9.5/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Calyxes » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:48 pm

I saw war of the worlds last night and thought that is was a good movie. The only problem was that the kids in the movie needed to be beatin.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:19 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Bringing this bad from the dead.

I went out and saw Wedding Crashers last night with some friends. Since it was opening night the place was packed, and I had extremely high expectations. I love all those Frat Pack movies (I give Old School a 10/10) and I was expecting to be at least slightly disappointed.

Didn't happen! This movie was downright hilarious, I was barely able to stop laughing the whole first half, and then the only reason I didn't laugh as much during the 2nd half was because I remembered that I had forgotten to lock the door of my house when I left.

So good, I think everyone should go see this.

9.5/10

I second CC, this was a very funny movie, much better than Old School IMHO. Vince Vaughn was great, Owen Wilson was close behind. the only thing I would disagree with CC's post on is the "everyone should go see this" - I would not take younger kids to this unless you are prepared for a lot of questions.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:37 pm

LOl, I didn't really think of that.

I also don't have the heart to rate it over Old School. I absolutely love that movie, I've watched it 15 times or so and anytime anyone has it or its on TV I watch the whole thing, there are just so many memorable lines. I did think Wedding Crashers tailed off a bit, but it was still awesome. I thought the funniest part was when they were hunting.

Jeremy (Vince Vaughn): Are you a hunter?
John (Owen Wilson): Yea, the 17 years you've known me I've been sneaking off to go hunting.
Jeremy: Me either, I don't even know what a f**king quail is.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:57 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:LOl, I didn't really think of that.

I also don't have the heart to rate it over Old School. I absolutely love that movie, I've watched it 15 times or so and anytime anyone has it or its on TV I watch the whole thing, there are just so many memorable lines. I did think Wedding Crashers tailed off a bit, but it was still awesome. I thought the funniest part was when they were hunting.

Jeremy (Vince Vaughn): Are you a hunter?
John (Owen Wilson): Yea, the 17 years you've known me I've been sneaking off to go hunting.
Jeremy: Me either, I don't even know what a f**king quail is.

Man I am sitting here laughing just thinking about the movie. I thought Isla Fisher (who played the psycho daughter that paired up with Vaughn) was outstanding. It did tail off a bit and some of the gags were a little flat, but it was one of those movies that kept them coming enough it didn't make a difference overall.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:27 pm

Ladder 49

:-t

Terrible terrible movie.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:25 pm

I caught Wedding Crashers last night... great movie, methinks.

My only problem was these three d00ds sittin' in front of me. One of 'em laughed at EVERYTHING (and not just the jokes either... "damn, a wedding in a church? That's hilarious! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!")... and it was one of those loud, obnoxious laughs. Then all three of 'em were makin' stupid comments through the whole thing.

...usually I'd do something bastardly in return, but these guys were all bigger than me. I've already got a black eye... I'm in no hurry for a second.

But yeah, good movie... ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:55 pm

We went and saw Madagascar Friday morning...That was pretty lame...Not even all that funny honestly...Even bored the crap out of my 2 yr old.

4/10 tops.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby STEELtownUSA » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:07 pm

I saw Harold and Kumar go to White castle for the first time the other day. It was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

9/10
STEELtownUSA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk