What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby defianthart » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:46 pm

what? no fans of rookie of the year?
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:04 pm

I watched Napolean Dynamite (again)
Flippin funny every time

maddog60 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:anybody seen bull Durham, greatest sports movie ever.

I'll take Necessary Roughness over Bull Durham any day. It was however a fun movie, certainly better than watching baseball.

bull durham is a good movie, but as far as greatest sports movie ever, Semi Tough, North Dallas Forty, Hoosiers . . IMO ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:24 pm

I saw 2 movies this summer, Star Wars Ep III and War of the Worlds.

Star Wars sucked, it was a total letdown. Acting was terrible, plot stunk and the special effects were cheesy. The movie had so many holes, like a piece of Swiss cheese. D+ rating

War of the Worlds was very good. Unlike Star Wars, it built its characters and put a good story around them. "War" was unexpectedly suspenseful and at times downright scary. Great movie. A- rating

BTW, I really like Bull Durham but its not the BEST sports movie ever. CADDYSHACK IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST SPORTS MOVIE!
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Jimboozie wrote:BTW, I really like Bull Durham but its not the BEST sports movie ever. CADDYSHACK IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST SPORTS MOVIE!

I would agree with that statement except that would mean I'd be agreeing that Golf is a sport. Its a skilled game and very competitive, but I just don't consider it a sport. The gopher rocked though!
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:23 pm

Just got done watching Million Dollar Baby. One of the best movies I've ever seen. Hilary Swank was absolutely amazing, and Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman both portrayed great characters.

I highly recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby A2theIzzo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:01 pm

Jimboozie wrote:I saw 2 movies this summer, Star Wars Ep III and War of the Worlds.

Star Wars sucked, it was a total letdown. Acting was terrible, plot stunk and the special effects were cheesy. The movie had so many holes, like a piece of Swiss cheese. D+ rating

War of the Worlds was very good. Unlike Star Wars, it built its characters and put a good story around them. "War" was unexpectedly suspenseful and at times downright scary. Great movie. A- rating

BTW, I really like Bull Durham but its not the BEST sports movie ever. CADDYSHACK IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST SPORTS MOVIE!

What kind of rater are you?

You say star wars was bad? And to top it off you say WOTW was good?

Im just playing, but I dont see why you think Star wars had bad acting and special effects, and how you think WOW was so good.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:20 am

A2theIzzo wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:I saw 2 movies this summer, Star Wars Ep III and War of the Worlds.

What kind of rater are you?

You say star wars was bad? And to top it off you say WOTW was good?

Im just playing, but I dont see why you think Star wars had bad acting and special effects, and how you think WOW was so good.

For one thing I had big expectations for Star Wars. Its the final piece to the puzzle and we finally get to see Anakin turn into Darth Vader!! Why was Star Wars so bad to me?? First off, I had to watch it twice just to make it past the opening fight sequence. Thats cuz the first time I fell asleep! It jumps right into mindless space fighting that looks like a damn rave party with all the effects and neon lights. During the space fight, Anakin and Obi-Wan say the name "R2" about 8 times in a 2 minute span, I counted it. Brilliant script.

So I didnt like how it started out, but I was holding out thinking it would pick up. Never really happened. SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
What turned Anakin to the dark side? He had a dream that his wife would die so that put him over the edge? If he cared so much about his wife and soon to be kids then why did he almost kill her towards the end? When he found out Padime died, why didnt he seem more upset? He didnt care to find out if the kids were alive. The Chancellor promised him the power to save his loved ones, but when he didnt deliver he thought "Oh well-this guy just backdoored me, I think I will be his loyal apprentice?"
Come on, why did Anakin believe the dark side was so powerful anyway when he witnessed Mace Windu beat the crap out of the Chancellor? Like I said-this movie and story was full of holes and Lucas should have handed it over to someone else, like Speilberg. Disappointments all across the board--from the weak dialogue to the lackluster dancing lightsaber battle at the end.

War of the Worlds was head and shoulders above SW III. W.O.W. captured my attention from the very beginning. Opened with characters that had complex feelings about each other and life then freaked the audience out a bit with the storm. Then the aliens come out from under the ground. It really made me think, what if they really were under there and planning an attack for millions of years. It was a bit shocking how ruthless the invaders were, relentlessly frying any human they could. W.O.W. made me think "what would I do this was real?" Would I run for cover, try to fight those things or help out those who needed help. When they hideout in Tim Robbins basement, that was maybe my favorite part of the movie. Robbins was a bit crazy, his character was awesome and pushed Tom Cruise into doing something he thought he would never have to do. Just a great movie all in all.

When I go to the show to see a flick, I want to get sucked into the movie, I want to feel like Im a part of the action. Well that is exactly what War of Worlds did for me. Contrastly, Star Wars never took off, I felt like I was watching a comic book that was just made for the sake of being rich. War of Worlds was a film where the director, actors and all put everything they had into it. Star Wars was just another hashed up cash in on a franchise name.

Damn that took long--Well I spoke my mind. I didnt like Star Wars, you may have thats fine everyone has their own tastes.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:29 am

Also, I saw "XXX" last night, the original, ith Vin Diesel starring in it. I think that he played the part very well,but the movie seemed corny, the plotline wasn't always clear, and the movie itself kinda got boring halfway in. The big fight scene near the end just flat out sucked :-t I was expecting better of it, got disappointed...

4.5/10
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aussieboy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:42 am

Just saw Madagascar.

Im a huge fan of animated films, but this one was pretty average.

I thought the movie jumped around a fair bit and didn't have a strong plot.

Considering how good some of the recent animated films have been I thought this was quite a letdown.

4.5/10
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:03 am

Saw SAW :-b

Not bad, not as gruesome as I thought it would be. Liked the ending.

6.5/10
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk