What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:55 pm

We watched The Pacifier last night. Was pleasantly surprised. It was kind of funny, and better than I expected. Definitely worth the $2.50 coupon from Blockbuster. You could tell what was going to happen in each part of the movie though..So very predictable but funny..

7/10
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:47 pm

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Weird man. Autobiography of Chuck Barris. For those of you older guys you would kind of get it a bit more, as most of the youngsters wouldn't know Chuck Barris from Chuckie Cheese. It really has you buying into the feasability of it after awhile, then you slap yourself and say "The guy was on the Gong Show! How could he be a CIA operative?" All in all I give it a 6/10 for the entertainment value.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby hastur » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:48 pm

I think a turnip could out-act Vin Diesel.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:50 pm

hastur wrote:I think a turnip could out-act Vin Diesel.

LOL..He was pretty bad.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:50 pm

Then I'm sure you'll be first in line to pick up tickets to his new video game-based movie "Hitman". Should be a winner since the game was so good and all. ;-7
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby hastur » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:54 pm

I'll be first in line ;-7
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:56 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

LOL..He was pretty bad.

And yet Hollywood is so deprived a larger than life action stars, that Vin Deisel is about as good as it gets.

Sly, Arnie, and Bruce have gotten old, and no one has even really made a decent attempt to fill their void left in action movies, so we're left with him.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:05 pm

What about that guy who is the Transporter and Handsome Rob? Jason something.

He is kickass in the Transporter.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:06 pm

From what I've actually seen of his, I think The Rock makes a good new action star. When I first saw he was becoming an actor, I thought it was a dumb move... but he's actually pretty entertaining (he was awesome Be Cool - even if that's not an action movie).

And CC, the d00d you're thinkin' about is Jason Statham. He's pretty cool too. ;-D

Since I've been recovering from surgery, I've had a chance to watch a few movies.

Hostage was something I had low expectations with going into it... but based on some comments here, I checked it out and was glad I did. It was pretty entertaining.

Hide & Seek w/ Robert De Niro, Dakota Fanning, Famke Jannsen, and Elizabeth Shue... that wasn't a winner. My sister had been hyping it up since she saw it in theaters, so maybe that's what made it so bad for me... but it was definitely disappointing.

Constantine... eh.

Life Aquatic w/ Steve Sizzou was alright, I 'spose. I just couldn't get into Royal Tenenbaums like a lot of others did and I feel the same about this movie.

I'm gonna go take some more pain-killers... then go rent a few more movies. ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Flockers » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:07 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:What about that guy who is the Transporter and Handsome Rob? Jason something.

He is kickass in the Transporter.

Jason Statham.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk