What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:40 pm

Canacuna wrote:From what I've actually seen of his, I think The Rock makes a good new action star. When I first saw he was becoming an actor, I thought it was a dumb move... but he's actually pretty entertaining (he was awesome Be Cool - even if that's not an action movie).

I read recently that Rock is gonna be a space marine in the movie adaptation of the video game "Doom". Takes place on Mars, Rock says it stays true to the game, now THAT is gonna be a movie I'll spend $9 bucks for. Although maybe it will cost $12 bucks for a movie ticket by the time it comes out. I miss having a friend who works at the theatre :,-(
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:46 am

Wedding Crashers is really good. Someone said earlier that the ending is cheesy and corny, but I dont think so. Sure he gives the big speech in front of a bunch of people in a church, but there are some funny jokes in the speech which make it less love-storyish.

All in all, worth seeing in theatres. 8.5/10
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:25 am

I just watchedPrimal Fear, with Edward Norton and Richard Gere, for like the 5th time yesterday. Great movie with a great twist. Edward Norton is especially good here also ;-D
Last edited by J2thez929 on Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brewmaniac » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:44 am

Anyone else here a fan of Unforgiven, with Clint Eastwood?

Hands down one of the best endings of any movie, and one of my favorite movies. It's hardcore.
brewmaniac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:49 am

brewmaniac wrote:Anyone else here a fan of Unforgiven, with Clint Eastwood?

Hands down one of the best endings of any movie, and one of my favorite movies. It's hardcore.

It's an awesome movie from start to finish.
Another awesome Western is called the Long Riders I highly recomend it.

I just saw the Punisher, it was fair 6/10 I liked the original Punisher with Dolf Lundgren better.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:08 am

brewmaniac wrote:Anyone else here a fan of Unforgiven, with Clint Eastwood?

Unforgiven was excellent.

Saw Beyond the Sea last night, which is basically the Bobby Darin story. It sounded like a great story and I do like that sort of music, but unfortunately the movie fell flat. I'd give it 5/10 if you like Bobby Darin's music, if you don't then I see no reason to watch it at all.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:14 am

J2thez929 wrote:I just wanted Primal Fear, with Edward Norton and Richard Gere, for like the 5th time yesterday. Great movie with a great twist. Edward Norton is especially good here also ;-D

Primal Fear is sweet, Edward Norton is them man, and Richard Gere turns down the suck big-time.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:18 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:I just wanted Primal Fear, with Edward Norton and Richard Gere, for like the 5th time yesterday. Great movie with a great twist. Edward Norton is especially good here also ;-D

Primal Fear is sweet, Edward Norton is them man, and Richard Gere turns down the suck big-time.

ed norton gives a monster performance in this movie and the first time i saw the ending i was completely shocked, like seeing 6th sense for the first time shocked. it was a great movie.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flockers » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:15 pm

I couldn't fall asleep last night, so I ordered Sideways off Comcast. It was a good movie. I don't recommend it for little kids because, well its rated R and there is some stuff little eyes shouldn't see.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby aussieboy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:34 pm

Flockers wrote:I couldn't fall asleep last night, so I ordered Sideways off Comcast. It was a good movie. I don't recommend it for little kids because, well its rated R and there is some stuff little eyes shouldn't see.

I loved Sideways! Great film.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk