What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:31 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:The Wife and I watched Dodge Ball tonight. Sad to say 'you dodge the wrench you can dodge the ball' was a highlight....but I laughed a lot...

7/10 but a subtle reminder, that the first 5 1/2 stars come relativily inexpensive in my ratings...

eh... Dodgeball is one of those movies where you think its just another comedy, or where you quote it endlessly for months. I loved it, but I can definitely see why others didn't.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:49 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:The Wife and I watched Dodge Ball tonight. Sad to say 'you dodge the wrench you can dodge the ball' was a highlight....but I laughed a lot...

7/10 but a subtle reminder, that the first 5 1/2 stars come relativily inexpensive in my ratings...

My girlfriend and I pretty much felt the same way. We laughed a few times, but the movie pretty much sucked. Not the worst Vince Vaughn movie I've seen, it didn't suck as much as Anchorman. Not even Farrell and Vaughn could save that piece of crap.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:37 am

i broke my 80's streak and watched flight of the phoenix. is was ok, but pretty much predictable and lacking in story depth. 7/10.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:57 am

I saw "Sideways" for the second time last night. I love the movie...the actors are...what's the word...not extremely sexy or handsome or anything, but they are perfect for the roles. Plus I learned a ton about wine...plus it was very funny.

9/10. ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:28 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:I saw "Sideways" for the second time last night. I love the movie...the actors are...what's the word...not extremely sexy or handsome or anything, but they are perfect for the roles. Plus I learned a ton about wine...plus it was very funny.

9/10. ;-D

I really want to see that movie - I don't think I've seen a single bad review, either from critics or on the forums.

I watched Man on Fire last night with Denzel. It was pretty good... liked how they spent the first hour or so building up his relationship with the girl and then the last half was him just getting his revenge. I really liked most everything about the movie. Definitely check it out if you get a chance - it's playing on the movie channels now.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:52 pm

Canacuna wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:I saw "Sideways" for the second time last night. I love the movie...the actors are...what's the word...not extremely sexy or handsome or anything, but they are perfect for the roles. Plus I learned a ton about wine...plus it was very funny.

9/10. ;-D

I really want to see that movie - I don't think I've seen a single bad review, either from critics or on the forums.

I watched Man on Fire last night with Denzel. It was pretty good... liked how they spent the first hour or so building up his relationship with the girl and then the last half was him just getting his revenge. I really liked most everything about the movie. Definitely check it out if you get a chance - it's playing on the movie channels now.

The thing that amazed me the most about the movie, is that it's a true story.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:27 pm

back into 80's mode...watched young guns. ive seen it a number of times when it came out, but not since then. this movie is great...solid bunch of actors....great action, good story. gotta give it a big 8.5/10. ;-D ;-D

on the list for tonight is caddyshack. have never seen it..but it might not be a good thing that im going into it with such high expectations. kinda excited to see what all the rave is about ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:34 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:back into 80's mode...watched young guns. ive seen it a number of times when it came out, but not since then. this movie is great...solid bunch of actors....great action, good story. gotta give it a big 8.5/10. ;-D ;-D

on the list for tonight is caddyshack. have never seen it..but it might not be a good thing that im going into it with such high expectations. kinda excited to see what all the rave is about ;-D

Dude you have never seen Caddyshack???? I cant believe that, i hope that you bought it because you will watch it over and over.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:22 pm

A Clockwork Orange: 7.5/10*
I've recently been trying to see all of the movies on the IMDB top 100 that I haven't already. Three of these have been Kubrick movies. I was greatly impressed by Dr. Strangelove, but was disappointed in Space Odyssey and now Clockwork. The violence and rape scenes were disturbing. It was a good movie, but doesn't deserve the masterpiece label it's been given by some. Maybe I didn't enjoy it as much because I'm more right-wing.. this movie probably appeals more to leftists.

*note: I'm probably much harsher on my rankings than most people have been.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:25 pm

Nilmerf wrote:A Clockwork Orange: 7.5/10*
I've recently been trying to see all of the movies on the IMDB top 100 that I haven't already. Three of these have been Kubrick movies. I was greatly impressed by Dr. Strangelove, but was disappointed in Space Odyssey and now Clockwork. The violence and rape scenes were disturbing. It was a good movie, but doesn't deserve the masterpiece label it's been given by some. Maybe I didn't enjoy it as much because I'm more right-wing.. this movie probably appeals more to leftists.

*note: I'm probably much harsher on my rankings than most people have been.

I'd consider myself more leftist and I agree with your review completely - might have even given it a six if I were doing that sort of scale. I just couldn't get past some of those scenes, I 'spose. It's an interesting movie with an interesting message, but just not something I'd want to watch again.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk