What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:28 pm

I think the original movie is better than the book. But, I am a huge Gene Wilder fan! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:53 pm

Ive seen two movies in the last week or so. First, Freddy got Fingered. I watched about 15 minutes and turned it off. It was terrible and not at all funny. I think you have to be in a very specific mindset to get it.

Next I saw Team America. Once I got over the fact that it was puppets, it was freaking hilarious. The sex scene from the unrated version was sooo funny. The theme song is awesome as well. I may have to burn it onto a CD. Well worht the rental. ;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:34 pm

I watched Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle on the weekend, and I thought it was pretty damn funny. There was this one guy that kept going "EXTREME" and that's what we call one of my buddies so I was dying.

Plus I was baked.

7.5/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:39 pm

I saw million dollar baby YAWN, the acting was good but man i kept thinking to myself ok it's gonna pick up, it's gonna pick up. this movie didn't do it for me 5/10 is my.

And Portisfan, freddy go fingered is hilarious, if you can appreciate tom green humor, if you can't then yeah better you shut it down early.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:57 pm

Tiki wrote: Great movie all around though funy as hell, a rival to Old School for sure!

You had me til this part. I was starting to buy into the hype until it was compared to Old School, which I found utterly ridiculous and sophomoric, just another in a long line of Animal House rip-off movies, which even include the Revenge of the Nerds movies.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby defianthart » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:06 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Tiki wrote: Great movie all around though funy as hell, a rival to Old School for sure!

You had me til this part. I was starting to buy into the hype until it was compared to Old School, which I found utterly ridiculous and sophomoric, just another in a long line of Animal House rip-off movies, which even include the Revenge of the Nerds movies.

are you serious? old school was freakin hilarious! at this day in age everything is a rip-off of something else except the details of the story are changed around. but i still dont see how someone didnt like old school, its been my favorite comedy for a while now
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:52 pm

Tiki wrote:I think the original movie is better than the book. But, I am a huge Gene Wilder fan! ;-D

Gene Wilder is the man!!! Anyone who hasn't seen Stir Crazy is missing out big time. Wilder is easily one of my all-time favorites.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:51 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:

Sixxgunn, I liked Wedding Crashers much better than Old School, don't avoid it because of the comparisons. I agree with you Old School was very derivative of many other movies (although I thought it was OK), but Wedding Crashers is much more original. Hey would a fellow Bears fan steer you wrong?
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tiki » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:58 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:

I just compared, it to Old school cause it has many of the same actors.....And it more recent. Yeah animal house is a classic and may be the best, but it's a classic!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A2theIzzo » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:24 pm

Anybody seen Stealth yet??

I'm going to see it tomorow so i want to know wuit people think.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk