What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ironhorse75 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:06 am

Indeed, I have about 400 dvds and only a handful of comedies.

I love em, but they're just not the same when you're alone. Drama's on the other hand are more enjoyable when I can just soak them up on my own.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:46 pm

I won't let my thread die after 44 pages of good quality movie opinions. :-)

I recently saw The Day After Tommorrow and The Island, I enjoyed these movies a lot considering how much negative hype they got. I went into Day After Tommorrow not expecting much, and although it wasn't anything more than a mindless action movie I found it to be enjoyable. The Island was even more surprising, I don't understand why this movie was such a box office disaster. Fine acting and action sequences coupled with a nice plot in a future that doesn't seem all that over-the-top or distant.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:53 pm

War of the Worlds last night.

hate tom cruise...but it's been awhile since I've caught myself being tense during movies so many times.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:11 am

just finished watchin Serpico, al pacino did an excellent job and the movie was overall very good. i was a little confused as to why some parts were in the movie, like his first girlfriend, didnt really seem like she had any real role in the movie although it seemed like she would at first. but like i said overall very good

8/10
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A2theIzzo » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:30 am

Man, does anyone else also think there's squat at the movie theaters right now....
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:07 am

A2theIzzo wrote:Man, does anyone else also think there's squat at the movie theaters right now....

I do want to see 4 Brothers, but besides that I'd have to agree with you. It's a down season for flicks right now.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:17 am

IRON CHEF wrote:I won't let my thread die after 44 pages of good quality movie opinions. :-)

I recently saw The Day After Tommorrow and The Island, I enjoyed these movies a lot considering how much negative hype they got. I went into Day After Tommorrow not expecting much, and although it wasn't anything more than a mindless action movie I found it to be enjoyable. The Island was even more surprising, I don't understand why this movie was such a box office disaster. Fine acting and action sequences coupled with a nice plot in a future that doesn't seem all that over-the-top or distant.

Hmmmmmmm.... I too liked The Day After Tomorrow quite a bit - methinks I will have to check out this Island movie since someone who also like TDAT says it was worth a watch... Thanks Chef (although if it blows I will be pissed at you) ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Canacuna » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:53 am

I thought Day After Tomorrow wasn't as bad as it was made out to be... and I didn't dig The Island at all. So I dunno.

Anyway, here's what I've been watchin' since this threads' near death (I already saved this sucker the first time, someone else had to do it).

Primal Fear = good stuff. I hadn't seen it before, for some odd reason. Even Richard Gere did a good job in this movie... and for those not in the know, Gere annoys the hell outta me.

I was at Blockbuster, parousing the 'ol movies... Home Grown looked interesting... had a decent cast (Billy Bob is kick-ass), what seemed like a potentially decent plot... eh.

Wimbledon was on one of the movie channels. I've had a crush on Kirsten Dunst since I was like... 13 years old... so I watched it. It was alright, I 'spose... but that may be my Dunst-bias kickin' in... 'cause y'know... everything she does is kickass.

Magnolia was interesting... I don't think I liked it, but I don't think I didn't like it either. Tom Cruise was alright - for some reason his stage-persona in the movie (when he's selling his dating-product) is how I picture him acting when the cameras aren't around.

I thought Levity was pretty good. Has two of my faves (Billy Bob & Kirsten Dunst?! Gee wiz!) in it... plus some other goodies - Morgan Freeman and Holly Hunter.

I tried to watch XXX on TV last night, but fell asleep about a half hour into it.

I'm gonna rent some more movies tomorrow (Unlimited Blockbuster rentals - w00t...). I'm thinkin' Pauly Shore is Dead and... whatever else looks interesting.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby defianthart » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:01 pm

Canacuna wrote:Primal Fear = good stuff. I hadn't seen it before, for some odd reason. Even Richard Gere did a good job in this movie... and for those not in the know, Gere annoys the hell outta me.

this movie is what made me an edward norton fan. he was amazing and the ending was a total surprise.

P.S. youre not the only one who think Gere is annoying. he has that dumb ass surprised look in every movie, ya know where he like stops, looks down or around a little, squints his eyes, and then the movie cuts to his "memory".

The Jackal is the only movie i like with him in it besides primal fear and thats only because bruce willis kicks ass.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:05 pm

defianthart wrote:
The Jackal is the only movie i like with him in it besides primal fear and thats only because bruce willis kicks ass.

And the only reason I like the Jackal is because Bruce Willis blows Jack Black's fat ass away! Seriously...I may be the only person in the world, but I hate Jack Black.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk