What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:31 am

i saw the Great Raid. About the freeing of POWS in a camp controled by the Japanese during WW2. Very intense and awful, what happened there. 7.5 out of 10
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm

watched Layer Cake last night. Brit gangster movie from the producer of Snatch and Lock, Stock and based on a book. had a deeper story than i expected (actually very deep, needs a second viewing), but i reccomend it to anyone who is a fan of those movies or crime/gangster movies in general
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:42 pm

Azrael wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I bought the movie, Heat with Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino. Easily one of the five best dramas I've ever seen. The scene with Pacino and DeNiro at the restaurant is worth the price of a rental.

10 out 10

I bought this DVD about 3 years ago and never watched it yet.

2 great independent films are the Minus Man (Owen Wilson, Jeanine Garafalo (sp?)) and Clay Pigeons (Joaquin Phoenix, Vince Vaughn). Anyone ever see these?

well, this is pretty old, but i actulaly did see Minus Man...pretty wierd.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:49 pm

Watched Mr. 3000 last night. It was OK. I didn't like the way the main character (Bernie Mac) went back and forth from a self-centered to a team player with no apparent explanation or motivation. I guessed the ending correctly about halfway through the movie. I'd give it 6.5/10.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:07 pm

Time to bump this thread up a bit. Its nothin major but I saw The New Guy over the weekend. Nothing special here. But I do give up two thumbs up b/c Eliza Dusku rides a mechanical bull and does a changing room dance in this movie :-L
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:37 pm

Just saw Brothers Grimm...can't say I enjoyed it much, but maybe it's just not my kind of humor. Pretty ho-hum film, thought the female lead is smoking hot.

5/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:00 pm

Saw the 40 Year Old Virgin yesterday. It was funny but not as good as Wedding Crashers in my opinion. Some of the same actors as in Anchorman which I hated, but this was a lot funnier. I'd give it 7/10.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jzfran » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:15 pm

Wedding Crashers---great movie--9.5 out of 10...not much bad to say about it but not quite as good as Old School!
jzfran
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:12 pm

I saw Red Eye last Friday. I thought it was pretty good, but then again I was completely wasted when I saw it ;-D
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby CKY_ROX » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:51 pm

Ironhorse75 wrote:40 year old virgin
Thought it was hilarious. Maybe even more funny than The Wedding Crashers.

I thought the first hour was golden, laugh out loud moments one after the other. The 2nd half however is more concentrated on the romance. Still a bunch of laughs to be had, just fewer between.

7.5/8 out of 10.

I agree wiht the assesment. The first half was great, then it got a lil to romantic and the laughs were still hard, but farther inbetween. The ending was amazing, one of the most bizarre moments in a film.

id say 8.5/10

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk