What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:48 am

I did a 'lil sneakin' around the theater and saw three movies for the price of one!

40 Year Old Virgin was... like everyone else seems to be saying... pretty damn funny. Everything that's been needed to be said has already been said, so what's the point of adding anything else?

The Cave was as bad as the previews made it look... which is pathetically bad.

Red Eye was decent, but not worth venturing off to the theater for.

I also dug out a few DVDs that I hadn't watched in a while.

I can't believe Suicide Kings is only $5.00... it's a helluva deal. Great movie...

...and The Rookie. It's one of the few Dennis Quaid movies I can actually watch. It's still alright... nothin' great, but not bad.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby defianthart » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:57 pm

i dunno how many times this thread can come back from the dead but ill try to revive it again....

saw sin city tonite, totally sweet. the whole movie was unlike anything i had seen visually and i loved it. im gonna have to watch it again to tie everything together but it was definitely worth the download.

8.5/10
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tiki » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:00 am

I watched Ray the other day, great movie. Jaimie Foxx was incredible! I love Ray Charles' music as well. Just a great peice of work.
9/10 ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:58 am

My fiancee and I just saw 40 Year Old Virgin and loved it. Truly one of the best laugh out loud movies I've seen in recent time. Just awesome. There are at least several scenes where I couldn't stop laughing. Great stuff. I also bought Tombstone Special Edition on DVD. I forget how amazing this film is. If you haven't seen it, rent it right away. You're in for a real treat if you do. Val Kilmer steals the film as Doc Holliday and Kurt Russell is a top notch Wyatt Earp. I remember seeing this movie in high school in 1995 and it still looks as good to me and as exciting as it did then. 9/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:44 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:My fiancee and I just saw 40 Year Old Virgin and loved it. Truly one of the best laugh out loud movies I've seen in recent time. Just awesome. There are at least several scenes where I couldn't stop laughing. Great stuff. I also bought Tombstone Special Edition on DVD. I forget how amazing this film is. If you haven't seen it, rent it right away. You're in for a real treat if you do. Val Kilmer steals the film as Doc Holliday and Kurt Russell is a top notch Wyatt Earp. I remember seeing this movie in high school in 1995 and it still looks as good to me and as exciting as it did then. 9/10

everyone always told me what a great film this was, and i went out and bought the Vista Series DVD for like $20, and the whole fim i kept thinking "what a stupid looking moustache Kurt Russel has. is that thing real? it cant be real? now Sam Elliot, that's a real moustache, but that thing on Russel is ridiclious"

Kilmer puts on a great performance, but i still may never watch that movie again because of that moustace.

for whatever reason this made me think of a flick called Uncommon Valor with Gene Hackman, patrick Swayze and Randal "Tex" Cobb, about a group of guys that go back to Nam to save some POW's. worth checking out if you've never seen it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby confused_jake » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:30 pm

I watched some movie about prisons in my criminal law class? that was pretty boring, except for a the riot.

Oh i did watch Office Space last night, my favorite movie 10/10
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:04 pm

I was checking out the movie channels, and saw An Evening With Kevin Smith was on. I dig his movies, so I watched it. It was entertaining... long, but entertaining. He told some really great stories.

Anyway, I've been makin' good use of my unlimited Blockbuster-rental deal.

Nip/Tuck Season 2 was pretty crazy... but I dug it (took me forever to finish it though, since it comes on six or seven discs - I can only rent two at a time, and I don't want the cute girl who works there to see me rentin' movies all the time - ONCE PER WEEK, y0). Can't wait for the start of the third season later this month.

...and since I'd just caught the Kevin Smith thing on TV, I thought I should check out one of his movies. I rented Mallrats (it's the only one I haven't seen in a really long time).

I also checked out Crash. It was pretty good.

...and I just got done watching Cabin Fever on HBO. I'm not big on horror movies usually, but I'd read... somewhere... that it was good. Eh... after that, Mimic came on... I watched it... and wow, that's a horrible movie. It was kind of like those dumb made-for-TV movies the Sc-Fi channel has... except with a bigger budget.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Tiki » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:23 pm

Saw Dave Chepelles Killin them softly. Hilarious! I highly recomend it! If you liek his show, which I know a lot of you do. Some of his skits came from this. 10/10 Funny as hell! ;-D ;-D ;-D :-b My quote is from it.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:31 pm

Tiki wrote:Saw Dave Chepelles Killin them softly. Hilarious! I highly recomend it! If you liek his show, which I know a lot of you do. Some of his skits came from this. 10/10 Funny as hell! ;-D ;-D ;-D :-b My quote is from it.

It was a funny stand up act.... The joke about him and his friend driving killed me.

"Dave im going to have to race him"

"Well sometimes you just gotta race"
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby A2theIzzo » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:35 pm

Just saw The Notebook on DVD. Not a bad movie at all. ;-D
A2theIzzo
General Manager