What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:19 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Watched Batman Begins yesterday.

Very good....very gritty. Not perfect...but 100000x better than Schumacher.

word. that guy sucked. he put nipples on the bat suit. jerk.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby The_Dude » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:53 pm

moonhead wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Watched Batman Begins yesterday.

Very good....very gritty. Not perfect...but 100000x better than Schumacher.

word. that guy sucked. he put nipples on the bat suit. jerk.

If I were to rank the Batman movies, I would say:

Batman Begins - 9/10 (best cast of Batman, great director... loses half a point for Katie Holmes, but gains points for starting over the franchise since it was ruined in the last run.)

Batman - 8.5/10 (Batman is miscast as the sort of wimpy Michael Keaton, and Tim Burton doesn't read comic books and changes the story all around, but as a stand alone film, this is great stuff - Jack Nicholson steals the show... loses points for killing off the best villain)

Batman Returns - 7.5/10 (I have really mixed feelings about this one... I love the sexual tension between Catwoman and Batman; Michelle Pfeiffer's costume is amazing. Danny Devito is ok as the Penguin - the plot is interesting, the payoff suffers a little... they tease us with a cliffhanger end that never gets followed up on because Joel Schumaker sucks)

Batman Forever - 4/10 (Nicole Kidman was kind of hot in it; Chris O'Donell is the worst actor ever; Val Kilmer seems disinterested; Jim Carrey is borderline good/borderline annoying as the Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones is forgettable as Two-Face. The darkness and great plotline with Catwoman from the 2nd film is thrown away for camp! Boo! Schumaker couldn't make a worse film)

Batman and Robin - 1/10 (Oh wait, yes he can! Chris O'Donell is the worst actor ever, and so he is paired with the similarly talented Alicia Silverstone! Wait no! Arnold is the worst actor ever! Ugh, George Clooney is more disinterested than Val Kilmer and has openly admitted that this was all about the payday... and Batman had nipples - what's up with that?)

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:46 pm

The_Captain wrote:I watched National Treasure this weekend....very good movie.

Holy cow... I hope you are either being sarcastic, or you're 10 years old...

Nick Cage has to be the worst actor of his generation... He's like an older version of Keanu Reeves...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:50 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:And lastly I watched Sin City, which I have aniticipated for a very long time. With all its hype I was expecting a lot and the movie delivered.

If the only standard by which you judge a movie is the amount of blood they can pack into it, then Sin City was awesome.... Otherwise, it was just barely watchable.....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:05 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:

Nick Cage has to be the worst actor of his generation... He's like an older version of Keanu Reeves...

Hey, I'm not 10 years old and I liked National Treasure too, I mean it was no work of art but it was a good way to waste a couple of hours. My main beef was the puzzles were too easy and solved too quickly.

Nicolas Cage is a decent actor, I liked him in Raising Arizona a lot and he's had some other good movies, although not many recently. No one can compare to Keanu for terrible acting.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:18 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Hey, I'm not 10 years old and I liked National Treasure too, I mean it was no work of art but it was a good way to waste a couple of hours. My main beef was the puzzles were too easy and solved too quickly.

Nicolas Cage is a decent actor, I liked him in Raising Arizona a lot and he's had some other good movies, although not many recently. No one can compare to Keanu for terrible acting.

Nick Cage, much like Keanu Reeves plays the bumbling idiot to perfection because - well - he's a bumbling idiot.... That's why he was good in Raising Arizona.... Just like Keanu was mildly entertaining in Bill and Ted's.... But give either one of them the lead in an Action/Adventure flick, and you're asking for trouble....

Before someone asks: Yes, I liked the Matrix, but it had NOTHING to do with Keanu's acting prowess....

National Treasure was mildly entertaining in a mind-numbing sort of way, but to call it a GOOD movie is a real stretch.....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby The_Dude » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:14 pm

I agree and disagree with Plindsey...

Agreed that National Treasure was mainstream garbage.

I disagree about Nicolas Cage's acting - see Leaving Las Vegas

There's a reason the guy won the Oscar for best actor.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:13 pm

The_Dude wrote:I agree and disagree with Plindsey...

Agreed that National Treasure was mainstream garbage.

I disagree about Nicolas Cage's acting - see Leaving Las Vegas

There's a reason the guy won the Oscar for best actor.

Playing a drunk is not terribly dissimilar from playing a bumbling idiot....

White Russian, anyone?

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bagobonez » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:16 pm

Kingdom of Heaven. Wasn't particularly impressed. It had it's moments though.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:24 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Playing a drunk is not terribly dissimilar from playing a bumbling idiot....

White Russian, anyone?

I thought Birdy was kind of underrated and Cage was pretty good, he wasn't a bumbling idiot in that one. I liked When Peggy Sue Got Married too and Cage was...well....OK, a bumbling idiot.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk