What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:28 pm

I watch about 4 movies a week and just saw Murderball the other night, I don’t know if u guys have seen it but its a documentary about Paraplegics playing a "rugby" like sport in these wheel chairs that are reinforced to be like Gladiator carts where they hit each other.

It was a good movie and told a great story about the sport and how their every day life is.

I give it a 7.5 out of 10
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:51 pm

Alkaholik wrote:I watch about 4 movies a week and just saw Murderball the other night, I don’t know if u guys have seen it but its a documentary about Paraplegics playing a "rugby" like sport in these wheel chairs that are reinforced to be like Gladiator carts where they hit each other.

It was a good movie and told a great story about the sport and how their every day life is.

I give it a 7.5 out of 10

Yeah I have wanted to see that. I'm not into documentaries, but it looks really intense.

Saw the Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings

I'm sure all you have too. It rocks 9.9/10
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Flockers » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:55 pm

I can handle Saw, but that Hostel movie might be too instense for me.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:08 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Yeah, I don't really like Katie Holmes as an actress. She tries to be too cutesy and gives these puppy dog faces that don't make any sense in the scene.

I think they needed someone a little "harder." Gotham was pretty nasty...and I don't think Katie Holmes would've lasted there.

I like Katie Holmes OK but no way does she look like a tough assistant DA. I was thinking Nicole Kidman would have smoked that role, unfortunately they already used her in one of the other Batman movies. Kidman can play the "tough but sexy" role very well.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:23 pm

I cant wait until JARHEAD this friday.

I think it's going to be the "Full Metal Jacket" of the current war era.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:27 pm

Recent Movies I've Seen:

Layer Cake
The Machinist
American Psycho
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:31 pm

After debating for a while in the store, me and my friends ended up renting 12 Monkeys. It had been heavily recommended by other friends and no one had heard anything bad about it so everyone agreed.

Worst movie I've seen since The Stand II (not having seen Stand I or reading the books. It was one of those movies that was horrible and so utterly crazy that you keep watching expecting it to get awesome and 2 hours and 10 minutes later you are sitting there in a daze. Willis and Pitt were mediocre in my opinion and the plot was too damn confusing and not properly explained.

Ugh.

3/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:29 pm

12 monkeys a 3/10? you're crazy...watch it again. There's a lot of stuff there that you don't catch the first time.

Most recent movie I have seen:
History of Violence - i have had better craps.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby CC » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:31 pm

moonhead wrote:12 monkeys a 3/10? you're crazy...watch it again. There's a lot of stuff there that you don't catch the first time.

Most recent movie I have seen:
History of Violence - i have had better craps.

There's no chance I am watching that piece of garbage again, maybe there is some stuff I missed but there is no way I am going to put myself through that again.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:31 pm

Kicking and Screaming: Will Ferrell could not save this bomb, which is a rip-off of every kid's sports movie ever made. In a movie like this you have to care about the characters for it to work, in this movie I couldn't care less about most of the characters.

I give it 4/10, it gets 4 points because I liked Mike Ditka and watching the Italian kids play soccer.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk