What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm

The_Dude wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Recent Movies I've Seen:

Layer Cake
The Machinist
American Psycho

I'm glad people are discovering American Psycho since Christian Bale became Batman. What did you think BH?

GREAT Movie. I've been quoting it a lot recently. Makes me want to go back to the 80s.

I also watched Equilibrium with Bale in it. That was okay.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:25 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:After debating for a while in the store, me and my friends ended up renting 12 Monkeys. It had been heavily recommended by other friends and no one had heard anything bad about it so everyone agreed.

Worst movie I've seen since The Stand II (not having seen Stand I or reading the books. It was one of those movies that was horrible and so utterly crazy that you keep watching expecting it to get awesome and 2 hours and 10 minutes later you are sitting there in a daze. Willis and Pitt were mediocre in my opinion and the plot was too damn confusing and not properly explained.

Ugh.

3/10

Thats too bad that you didnt like it CC. Personally, I thought it was one of the most creative and interesting movies to come out of the 90's.

It's weird, it must be a love it or hate it movie. Everyone I watched it with thought it was horrible but I've talked to a few people who said they thought it was amazing.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:43 pm

Watched MindHunters last night - decent thriller with some cool traps but the characters do the proto-typical dumb stuff despite the fact that they are supposed to be really smart FBI profiler people...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby A2theIzzo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:15 am

Just saw Mystic River on DVD. I loved it. 9.3/10
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:17 pm

just saw Memento with guy pierce. for anyone who hasnt seen it, the movie goes in reverse chronological order so its kinda hard to tell whats going on the first time you see it. ill have to watch it again before i really understand it but im giving it a 8/10 based on first impression and originality alone.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guru13 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:46 pm

going to see jarhead tomorrow, hope it's good!
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:50 pm

defianthart wrote:just saw Memento with guy pierce. for anyone who hasnt seen it, the movie goes in reverse chronological order so its kinda hard to tell whats going on the first time you see it. ill have to watch it again before i really understand it but im giving it a 8/10 based on first impression and originality alone.

I loved the movie, I would actually give it a 9 or 9.5 out of 10.

The movie is way more creative than you think.

It makes the viewers involved in the movie and use you as the focal point.

You have to put the puzzle together in your mind, the movie involves the audience to a point which makes u want to watch it again 2 or 3 times to try and get it right.

They did an awesome job ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby moonhead » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:19 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
defianthart wrote:just saw Memento with guy pierce. for anyone who hasnt seen it, the movie goes in reverse chronological order so its kinda hard to tell whats going on the first time you see it. ill have to watch it again before i really understand it but im giving it a 8/10 based on first impression and originality alone.

I loved the movie, I would actually give it a 9 or 9.5 out of 10.

The movie is way more creative than you think.

It makes the viewers involved in the movie and use you as the focal point.

You have to put the puzzle together in your mind, the movie involves the audience to a point which makes u want to watch it again 2 or 3 times to try and get it right.

They did an awesome job ;-D

agreed. this was an excellent flick. very well done, and you'll find yourself thinking about it several days later. it is one of those movies that sticks in your head. you just have to watch it more than once.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:40 pm

It's also fun to finish the movie then rewind it while it plays.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:53 am

I watched one of the worst movies Ive seen in some time the other night - Unspeakable. Terrible acting, awful writing, the plot wasnt interesting or believable, and the ending was even worse.

Please - take my advice and do not waste your time or money on this stinker. :-t
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk