What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:35 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I watched one of the worst movies Ive seen in some time the other night - Unspeakable. Terrible acting, awful writing, the plot wasnt interesting or believable, and the ending was even worse.

Please - take my advice and do not waste your time or money on this stinker. :-t

Yea, probably if it's average rating is 3.5/10

My second home besides the CAFE is imbd.com

Before i watch any movies I go there and read about it and you can tell if it is worth watching or not.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:37 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I watched one of the worst movies Ive seen in some time the other night - Unspeakable. Terrible acting, awful writing, the plot wasnt interesting or believable, and the ending was even worse.

Please - take my advice and do not waste your time or money on this stinker. :-t

Yea, probably if it's average rating is 3.5/10

My second home besides the CAFE is imbd.com

Before i watch any movies I go there and read about it and you can tell if it is worth watching or not.

IMDB is a great site, but i always end up reading a post with a spoiler in the title, so i wont check out any new movies that have any type of mystery to them.

if it's and action or comedy i'll go there to see if it sucks or not
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Dude » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:47 pm

moonhead wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:
defianthart wrote:just saw Memento with guy pierce. for anyone who hasnt seen it, the movie goes in reverse chronological order so its kinda hard to tell whats going on the first time you see it. ill have to watch it again before i really understand it but im giving it a 8/10 based on first impression and originality alone.

I loved the movie, I would actually give it a 9 or 9.5 out of 10.

The movie is way more creative than you think.

It makes the viewers involved in the movie and use you as the focal point.

You have to put the puzzle together in your mind, the movie involves the audience to a point which makes u want to watch it again 2 or 3 times to try and get it right.

They did an awesome job ;-D

agreed. this was an excellent flick. very well done, and you'll find yourself thinking about it several days later. it is one of those movies that sticks in your head. you just have to watch it more than once.

On the special edition DVD, they have a "hidden" re-edited version of the film that's put in the correct sequence - not really the way for the film to be enjoyed for a first-timer, but once you've watched it a few times, it helps fill in the cracks and let's you know that the film actually does have amazing continuity.

Memento is one of the Dude's all time favorites, besides The Big Lebowski, of course.

One of my greatest personal accomplishments, actually, was convincing my friends to go see Memento instead of Planet of the Apes on opening weekend a few years ago. My friend Jon has never stopped thanking me.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:50 pm

I just rented Family Guy: Stewie Griffin - The untold story

If you are a family guy fan then this movie is a must see. I mean you can't go wrong with nearly 2 hours of the Family Guy in a movie ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:55 pm

J2thez929 wrote:I just rented Family Guy: Stewie Griffin - The untold story

If you are a family guy fan then this movie is a must see. I mean you can't go wrong with nearly 2 hours of the Family Guy in a movie ;-D

yeah, i own this movie. i think it is much better when you're no less than half buzzed....and really helps when you're three sheets to the wind. combo of whiskey and tokes really makes this a fall down funny movie.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby bwagner112 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:10 pm

I just saw Capote...really good
bwagner112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dave416 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:49 pm

Also just saw American Psycho 8.5/10
(This was the USA version that edits several things out)

Saw Momento for the first time last year, that was a great one. ;-D
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby UTLonghorns » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:02 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:going to see jarhead tomorrow, hope it's good!

OooRa
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:06 pm

Just Saw "Beyond The Law" with Charlie Sheen about a cop who goes undercover as a biker to get into a biker gang and bust them for narcotics.

My thought was, "oh great, Charlie Sheen in that role, yea right!"

But it turned out he did a good job and I thought it was a good movie, wasnt cheesy or unpractical and at the end it has a twist.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby UTLonghorns » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:09 pm

I watched the classic Halloween last night. Great Movie.
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk