What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:38 pm

As far as Kubrick movies go, The Shining still freaks me out everytime I watch it. I've probably seen it a dozen times but that scene with the little girls in the hallway still gives me the willies.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:16 pm

I bought into the hype and watched Ray today. I didn't quite enjoy the movie as a whole but thought he did a great job as Ray Charles. That was amazing how well he did.

I give the movie my standard 7/10...One of these days I will give another rating...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:30 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
Canacuna wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:I saw "Sideways" for the second time last night. I love the movie...the actors are...what's the word...not extremely sexy or handsome or anything, but they are perfect for the roles. Plus I learned a ton about wine...plus it was very funny.

9/10. ;-D

I really want to see that movie - I don't think I've seen a single bad review, either from critics or on the forums.

I watched Man on Fire last night with Denzel. It was pretty good... liked how they spent the first hour or so building up his relationship with the girl and then the last half was him just getting his revenge. I really liked most everything about the movie. Definitely check it out if you get a chance - it's playing on the movie channels now.

The thing that amazed me the most about the movie, is that it's a true story.

Which one? Sideways or Man on Fire?
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:35 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
Canacuna wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:I saw "Sideways" for the second time last night. I love the movie...the actors are...what's the word...not extremely sexy or handsome or anything, but they are perfect for the roles. Plus I learned a ton about wine...plus it was very funny.

9/10. ;-D

I really want to see that movie - I don't think I've seen a single bad review, either from critics or on the forums.

I watched Man on Fire last night with Denzel. It was pretty good... liked how they spent the first hour or so building up his relationship with the girl and then the last half was him just getting his revenge. I really liked most everything about the movie. Definitely check it out if you get a chance - it's playing on the movie channels now.

Man on Fire. ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:44 pm

Canacuna wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
Canacuna wrote:

9/10. ;-D

Man on Fire. ;-D

Yes, man on fire is a true story. When I was watching it the first time i was thinking this was a bad plot. Then I read at the end where it was a true story. That is one bad a$$ mother. ;-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:59 pm

Definitely check out Man on Fire if you haven't already. It's a keeper. I saw it about a month ago and loved it. Dakota Fanning is a pretty talented little actress, she impressed me quite a bit. I have a feeling she's going to be around for a very long time. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:50 pm

Man on Fire was decent, the acting was good, but I didn't quite go for the filming technique.

Today I saw Super Size Me- the guy doing the documentary eats nothing but McDonalds for 30 days. Even though most of the stuff in the movie is fairly obvious, it is witty and well-done, and makes me reconsider the food I eat.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:00 am

IRON CHEF wrote:Man on Fire was decent, the acting was good, but I didn't quite go for the filming technique.

Today I saw Super Size Me- the guy doing the documentary eats nothing but McDonalds for 30 days. Even though most of the stuff in the movie is fairly obvious, it is witty and well-done, and makes me reconsider the food I eat.

that movie is a great eye opener as to how much crap is really in that food and the damage it can cause you. i honestly have not been to a mcdonalds since i saw that movie...and have dramatically cut down on my fried foods.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:06 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:Man on Fire was decent, the acting was good, but I didn't quite go for the filming technique.

I thought the same thing when I watched it the first time - it even slightly annoyed me. After repeated viewings though, I don't mind it at all.

IRON CHEF wrote:Today I saw Super Size Me- the guy doing the documentary eats nothing but McDonalds for 30 days. Even though most of the stuff in the movie is fairly obvious, it is witty and well-done, and makes me reconsider the food I eat.

Yeah, I watched that this fall... I finally had some McDonald's last week. I've definitely been eating healthier since I saw it!
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:19 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:

that movie is a great eye opener as to how much crap is really in that food and the damage it can cause you. i honestly have not been to a mcdonalds since i saw that movie...and have dramatically cut down on my fried foods.

WHAT!?!? U mean McDonalds is bad for you 8-o

I always thought a Big Mac a day would keep you healthy and strong :-b

On a serious note, I haven't seen Supersize Me but I am gonna rent it soon. I have been hearing that is it really somethin to watch.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk