What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby defianthart » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:43 pm

i saw Layer Cake this weekend(hadnt even heard of it until The_Dude mentioned it earlier) and thought it was a pretty good movie. it had great transitions between scenes, some awesome camera shots and just enough well placed violence to make this a good gangster movie. kinda hard to follow the first time i saw it but i watched it again after knowing what was gonna happen and enjoyed it a lot more. oh and the twists at the end were pretty good too, totally didnt see them coming.

along the lines of snatch and lock stock, better than lock stock but doesnt touch snatch, 8.5/10
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:54 pm

Bewitched: Anyone who watched the original TV show knows that Samantha was a smart level-headed witch. And anybody who's watched Nicole Kidman knows she is a great actress and can play just about any role. So why in God's name did the writers of this movie have Nicole play the lead role as a bubble-headed dinglebrain?

This movie could have been great but for some reason all the actors appeared to be competing for who could be the stupidest. There were some funny parts and it did improve towards the end so I'll give it 6/10.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canacuna » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:35 pm

dave416 wrote:Also just saw American Psycho 8.5/10
(This was the USA version that edits several things out)

Is an edited version of American Psycho even watchable?

I caught Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night. It was pretty weird, but pretty good too.

I also rented Predator Island to see how long one of my buddies would put up with it. Couldn't get past the five-minute marker before turning it off.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby defianthart » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:05 am

Goatwhacker wrote:Bewitched: Anyone who watched the original TV show knows that Samantha was a smart level-headed witch. And anybody who's watched Nicole Kidman knows she is a great actress and can play just about any role. So why in God's name did the writers of this movie have Nicole play the lead role as a bubble-headed dinglebrain?

This movie could have been great but for some reason all the actors appeared to be competing for who could be the stupidest. There were some funny parts and it did improve towards the end so I'll give it 6/10.

my parents rented bewitched so i just put it in after they were done with it. whats will ferrell and these horrible parts hes been playing, i got about half way through and turned it off. dont bother.

defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flockers » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:41 am

Will Ferrel has been doing trash lately. I'm waiting for Old School 2 to come out.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby defianthart » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:15 am

yeah so i finished it because i had absolutely nothing to do, the second half wasnt as bad as the first half but i still wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:25 am

Saw Doom yesterday. Not as bad as I expected it to be. It's really like watching Aliens-lite. Not as spooky or intimidating as Aliens, but every bit as grotesque and gory. The Rock was very watchable, but his crew is a bit annoying at times. Most of the movie is spent watching people get picked off one by one while The Rock barks orders at everyone remaining. The one redeeming quality of the film is the action sequences are very entertaining for the most part. I just wished for more familiar nuances from the actual video game series. That would have made the movie more excitable for those of us that used to spend hours on end playing the game.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:25 pm

I saw Jarhead last night. I wanted to go see Saw II but others had already seen it and I'm not the type to throw a tantrum, so I went to see Jarhead.

I really like Swoff (Gyllenhal's charater) he seemed like a real guy and I could totally picture myself hanging out with him. Saarsgard was pretty decent but his character pissed the hell out of me at times. I thought Jamie Foxx was pretty bad-ass as well, so I was a pretty big fan of the characters in the movie.

Despite these characters, not a whole lot happened, which I suppose is what they were trying to get across. There was basically no war action.

The movie looked pretty cool and there were a couple of parts that I thought were pretty cinematically amazing. Also, there were a couple of good jokes so you can't go wrong there.

7/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:24 pm

I, Robot.

I, wish I never saw it.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:26 pm

I watched Mindhunters last night. It has Val Kilmer, Christian Slater, LL Cool J, and some other recognizable people. It wasn't bad... nothing great, but not bad.

I also finally watched Stewie Griffin - The Untold Story. If you dig Family Guy, you'll dig it. And I dig Family Guy, so I dug it.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk