What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

dsa

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:45 pm

I just saw the movie boat trip, anyone ever see it? Haha, I thought it was pretty funny and had some hot looking babes in it also. ;-D

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:27 am

Run Ronnie Run...seriously...go out and rent this movie ASAP...tons of cameos, mullets, and arrests...has anyone else seen this movie?
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moonhead » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:14 am

footballchick23 wrote:Run Ronnie Run...seriously...go out and rent this movie ASAP...tons of cameos, mullets, and arrests...has anyone else seen this movie?

there's only so much david cross i can take in one sitting...but i do think he's funny as hell.

kung pow: enter the fist is hilarious. with bob odenkirk's brother. ridiculously funny.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby footballchick23 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:44 am

moonhead wrote:kung pow: enter the fist is hilarious. with bob odenkirk's brother. ridiculously funny.

No kidding about Cross...I can barely watch Arrested Development because of him!

That's where I recognize the name from! That explains the asian kid with the big feet's voice!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:52 pm

Watched 28 Days Later and Get Shorty last night.
I am not in the mood to write long reviews so,

8/10 for both.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:36 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Watched 28 Days Later and Get Shorty last night.

8/10 for both.

just had to comment.

28 Days Later is the best zombie movie ever. (even though, they're not zombies O:-) )

The music is what makes it!!! ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:44 am

footballchick23 wrote:
moonhead wrote:kung pow: enter the fist is hilarious. with bob odenkirk's brother. ridiculously funny.

No kidding about Cross...I can barely watch Arrested Development because of him!

That's where I recognize the name from! That explains the asian kid with the big feet's voice!

i think i downloaded the movie before it was released becuse the Bob and David website said to do so becasue the movie was so terrible and they basically disowned it after the studios got ahold of it. it was OK, but no Mr. Show

Cross is one of my favorite comedians, but he is absolutely terrible on Arrested. i also like how it seems like he will take any role as long as he's getting paid
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:46 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Watched 28 Days Later and Get Shorty last night.

8/10 for both.

28 Days Later was OK, but i thought it was over rated

Get Shorty is also a pretty good movie, but the sequel Be Cool is AWFUL
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:01 am

I watched the Boondock Saints the other night. I think it's a lot better listening to it with surround sound than it is with just basic. I would give it an 8 out of 10 on my scale.

Then last night me and my wife went to Pride & Prejudice. I never read the book so I couldn't compare it. But from what I saw I thought it was great. The accents were a little tough at times because it sounded like they were mumbling but I got most of it. I wouldn't want to ruin it for the ones that are going to take their gfs/fiances/wives ;) but I thought it was really good, 10 out of 10. And I will definately buy it on DVD when it comes out.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:42 pm

Saw Rent and I must say I was very impressed by it. Never saw the show on Broadway but I'd be tempted to see it after watching the movie. The characters aren't all likeable. In fact, I strongly disliked many of them, but they were so real that I simply couldn't deny their familiarity. They all seemed like people I've run across in my life, which made them interesting. I can't compare it to the show since I haven't seen it, but if you are unfamiliar with it, the movie is certainly worth seeing. 8/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk