What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:04 pm

waiting for guffman

9/10

doesn't get much funnier than this.

best in show gets a 9.5/10
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby CC » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:09 pm

Watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas yesterday afternoon. I thought it was alright, but very strange and had no real point. I am sure I am missing some major social commentary.

I am going to have to get blitzed and watch it again and see how much it trips me out.

6.5/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:42 am

Just went to the local premiere of Fun with Dick and Jane. As usual a few too many things were given away in the previews but overally it was a good comedy - lots of cackling in the audience tonight... 8/10
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:00 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas yesterday afternoon. I thought it was alright, but very strange and had no real point. I am sure I am missing some major social commentary.

I am going to have to get blitzed and watch it again and see how much it trips me out.

6.5/10

I feel like I always say this in this thread...the book is soooo much better (and it has pictures). The book is just as bizarre, but you get a clearer story line. That being said, the movie is a very accurate adaptation of the book.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:06 am

Watched two movies the past two nights:

Fantastic Four - Truly abysmal movie. I can't believe I wasted my time on this. Jessica Alba and Dr. Doom lured me, I guess. Overall, the best character was the Human Torch. That guy was pretty funny. Overall, 2/10.

Mean Streets - Pretty good...gritty movie. Scorsese's first big work...with Keitel and DeNiro. Some great camera angles...great scenes. 8.5/10.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:24 pm

Now that I'm on break, I've rented a few more movies this week... my buddy and me like to rent bad movies for some reason.

Fantastic Four - yuck. The previews made it look like a decent comic book movie to me. Jessica Alba's in it... and she's purty. That dude who plays Christian Troy is in it... and he's awesome in Nip/Tuck. But yeah, this movie sucked.

Dukes of Hazard - wasn't that bad. I don't think it got very good reviews, but I thought it was entertaining. Plus, there's that whole Jessica Simpson factor... may have bumped the movie up a bit.

Anacondas - it was better than Fantastic Four, but not by much.

Deuce Bigelow: European Gigelow - another one of those surprisingly not that bad kind of movies. Yeah, it wasn't good... but I got a few stupid laughs out of it. It was better than I thought it'd be.

I also got done watching the first three seasons of The Sopranos. That's some good stuff, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CC » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:28 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas yesterday afternoon. I thought it was alright, but very strange and had no real point. I am sure I am missing some major social commentary.

6.5/10

I feel like I always say this in this thread...the book is soooo much better (and it has pictures). The book is just as bizarre, but you get a clearer story line. That being said, the movie is a very accurate adaptation of the book.

I read the booklet in the DVD and I now like it a lot more. I had no idea it was based on true events that Hunter S. Thompson and his buddy Oscar took place in.

Then again I wasn't alive in the 1960's or 1970's so it doesn't mean as much to me.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:46 pm

Canacuna wrote:
Deuce Bigelow: European Gigelow - another one of those surprisingly not that bad kind of movies. Yeah, it wasn't good... but I got a few stupid laughs out of it. It was better than I thought it'd be.

I still wish I could get that 90 minutes of my life back. Truly one of the least entertaining movies I've ever seen. Though the scene with the cat in the urinal was pretty funny. Other than that, it was just your typical Rob Schnieder slob humor flick.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dave416 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:37 pm

Saw Mystery, Alaska the other day.

Solid, but predictable - 7/10

The only real problem I had with this movie was that Russell Crowe played the lead role. He was not fit for it, and I really think he is overrated as an actor.[/b]
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Alkaholik » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:03 am

Watched a DVD Screener of "Lord of War"

The opening 5 min segment of a Bullet's life was Effin unreal, almost my fav part of the movie.

The first 45 min was sloooow, but it picks up fast and kicks in over drive, the end has a sweet twist too and it turned out to be on the top 10 movies i saw in 2005......and i see a damn lotof movies, but dont try to think of this as a "great" movie before you see it, otherwise like all movies it gets overhyped and the expectations cant be met, just think of it as the average movie.

Alka Meter:::::::

1..2..3..4..5..6..7..(8) out of 10
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk