What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:51 pm

Just reviving this thing back onto the front page.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:36 am

I watched the new Bad News Bears with Billy Bob. Eh... Billy Bob was good... but I dunno. I just didn't dig it.

40 Year Old Virgin was still funny.

...and Goldeneye is pretty darn cool too. My buddies and me dug out the 'ol N64 and were playing Bond... thought I should dig out the movie. Because I'm just that crazy, yo.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:38 am

Saw The Life Of David Gale with Kate Winslet and Kevin Spacey. What a trip of a film. It's a very thought-provoking film with quite a twist. I'm always enamoured with Winslet and Spacey as actors at the top of their trade and both are very solid in Gale. The film has a very strong message about capital punishment and it's a bit political, but well worth the rental.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:57 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Saw The Life Of David Gale with Kate Winslet and Kevin Spacey. What a trip of a film. It's a very thought-provoking film with quite a twist. I'm always enamoured with Winslet and Spacey as actors at the top of their trade and both are very solid in Gale. The film has a very strong message about capital punishment and it's a bit political, but well worth the rental.

I totally agree. It had a very extriuging storyline that gripped you and took you along for the whole movie. I definately recommend it ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:40 pm

War of the Worlds.

Absolutely loved it.

9.5/10 ;-D
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:20 am

Saw Primer

This movie is crazy and very confusing. Won the Sundance Film Festival Grand Jury Prize winner in 2004. Only 77 minutes, but worth it. Amazingly, this movie cost $7,000 to make. It's unbelievable that I just watched War of the Worlds and The Island. I liked Primer MUCH MUCH better than these two movies and these are the budgets:

The Island: $122 Million
War of the Worlds: $132 Million
Primer: $7,000

It is about time travel, but it's done very well and it's very believable. The beginning of the movie is very technical, but it's not really that important that you understand all their jargon. Even though time travel is a main part of the plot, the movie is really about relationships and trust. I wouldn't even call it a sci-fi movie. If you like movies that make you think and still leave you confused at the end, you'll like this movie.

I'd give it a 8.5/10.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:01 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Saw Primer

This movie is crazy and very confusing. Won the Sundance Film Festival Grand Jury Prize winner in 2004. Only 77 minutes, but worth it. Amazingly, this movie cost $7,000 to make. It's unbelievable that I just watched War of the Worlds and The Island. I liked Primer MUCH MUCH better than these two movies and these are the budgets:

It is about time travel, but it's done very well and it's very believable. The beginning of the movie is very technical, but it's not really that important that you understand all their jargon. Even though time travel is a main part of the plot, the movie is really about relationships and trust. I wouldn't even call it a sci-fi movie. If you like movies that make you think and still leave you confused at the end, you'll like this movie.

I'd give it a 8.5/10.

i saw this a few months ago, and i like to think of myself as a pretty smart guy, and even after reading explanations on various message boards i'm still confused on what happened. apparantly someone made up a very detailed timeline of what happened but i didnt read it.

i wasnt thrilled with it, but did appreciate it and i think it's something that with a second viewing i'd like even more. gets a 10 for origonality though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:14 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i saw this a few months ago, and i like to think of myself as a pretty smart guy, . . . gets a 10 for origonality though
;-D :-D :-/
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:42 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

I'd give it a 8.5/10.

i saw this a few months ago, and i like to think of myself as a pretty smart guy, and even after reading explanations on various message boards i'm still confused on what happened. apparantly someone made up a very detailed timeline of what happened but i didnt read it.

i wasnt thrilled with it, but did appreciate it and i think it's something that with a second viewing i'd like even more. gets a 10 for origonality though

I've looked at a few timelines and some of them are insane. I found one that I think is pretty good. PM me if you want the link.

It's definitely a movie that you have to watch again. I thought the commentary tracks should have explained the plot a little better...I'm sure 98%+ of the viewers will not get the movie on the first viewing. I sure didn't.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:29 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

I'd give it a 8.5/10.

I've looked at a few timelines and some of them are insane. I found one that I think is pretty good. PM me if you want the link.

It's definitely a movie that you have to watch again. I thought the commentary tracks should have explained the plot a little better...I'm sure 98%+ of the viewers will not get the movie on the first viewing. I sure didn't.

So ya, I went out a rented this movie tonight b/c of your guy's
recommendations and it sounded interesting. Aaaaaannnd I am absolutely confused to the ending. I sorta understood what was going on during the movie but I'm left sittng here feeling like a little kid lost in the mall right now...lol... Shoot me a PM of these timelines you're talkin about BH
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk