What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:34 pm

spongebob squarepants the movie....well it was right in line with the cartoon on a grander scale. it entertained me..and definitely had me laughing a number of times. i just wonder what kind of a mind it would take to think up some of that stuff 8-o i also like the cameo of davis hasselhoff ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:14 am

I watched Fallen today. Has Denzel, John Goodman, Donald Sutherland, James Gandolfini, and Elias Koteas. It's a little out there plot-wise, but I enjoyed it. It was on one of the movie channels (STARZ or ENCORE, methinks), so check it out if you get a chance. Can't get the Rolling Stones "Time Is On My Side" out of my head after watching it (that's a nice replacement though - I had that damn Tommy Tutone 867530-niiiiinnneee song in there before)...

Man... that's two Denzel movies I've watched in the last week. :-o
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:01 am

Canacuna wrote:I watched Fallen today. Has Denzel, John Goodman, Donald Sutherland, James Gandolfini, and Elias Koteas.

didnt realize gandolfini was in that....ive always had a sweet spot for him since "the sopranos"....man that was a great series ;-D

anyways..watched ghostbusters tonight...man...i still love this movie. the effects are definitley cheesy now...especially some of the claymation...but its bearable. it brought back some memories for sure. gotta love slimer and the stay-puft-marshmallow-man :-) ;-D also...man....that really had a star-studded cast!! ahhhh... i love the 80's :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:34 am

checked out Ladder 49..pretty decent movie. lots of unexpected things which is kinda a refreshing change. almost a tear jerker. overall....not a bad movie..tho i have heard some didnt like it. 7.5/10.

on the menu tonight..another 80's classic: the breakfast club. dont know if ive ever watched it all before..and if i have it was when it came out. :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:40 am

I watched Batman with Michael Keaton, Kim Basinger, and Jack Nicholson. Amazing how much I liked this one more than the other 3. I have seen them all, and it's been awhile since I saw this one. But it was great.

All of it was enjoyable...Except for the human art parts..But I survived...8/10.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Superman in Training » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:59 am

Saw Ray last night..
Now I know why Jamie Foxx won the oscar.. he was amazing as Ray Charles! I learned a lot of things that I didn't know about Ray!

8/10 but Foxx's performance gives it a 8.5/10

Also I just saw the New Star Wars III trailer! Damn it looks good!
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:31 am

Superman in Training wrote:Also I just saw the New Star Wars III trailer! Damn it looks good!

yeah i saw that too. i cant wait to see it!! this will finally piece together how anakin became darth vader. (i havent read these books either :-o ) special effects looked unreal...especially in that water scene.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canacuna » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:28 am

There's some movies that I just don't want anything spoiled - I've steered clear of the new Star Wars trailer... although that damn Sam Jackson has been running his mouth for the last couple years about what happens with his character. And then someone else told me that the kid in the first one (the whiny d00d in the second one) is actually Darth Vader! :-# ;-7

Anyway, I haven't watched anything new yet. Meant to catch The Big Bounce tonight, but missed it. It's replaying tomorrow though, so I'll catch it then. I don't think I've heard anything good about it, but if I'm paying for the movie channels, I'm going to use 'em. Ladykillers is on tomorrow too - I liked it when I caught it in the theater... I'll probably watch it again.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Superman in Training » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:03 am

Canacuna wrote:There's some movies that I just don't want anything spoiled - I've steered clear of the new Star Wars trailer... although that damn Sam Jackson has been running his mouth for the last couple years about what happens with his character. And then someone else told me that the kid in the first one (the whiny d00d in the second one) is actually Darth Vader! :-# ;-7

I know what you mean, but there is something about the Star Wars trailers that sucks me in...... then I hate myself for watching it.... Then I watch it again... and get even more mad... then I watch it about 50 more times stopping each frame and analyze it! Then I really go beserk and curse myself...

must be the dark side that is drawing me in

Gonna go watch it again! ;-)

dang its happening again!
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:59 am

I watched Blade Runner and Mystic River..

Both are great and incredibly deep movies, though different in their respective depth. Blade Runner you can watch twice with two different perspectives, and have two entirely different movies. And both perspectives are not proven right or wrong. On the other hand, Mystic River manipulates your perspectives throughout one viewing. Plus, the acting is top-notch. Eastwood even threw in a cameo to his buddy "Tuco" from the GB&U!

Two awesome movies. Defintely recommended. ;-D

I can't believe I've been taking so long to see this Eastwood movie given how much of a fan I am of his. Million Dollar Baby definitely next on the list!
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk