What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:15 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:I saw Office Space for the first time tonight. A lot of people had told me it was unbelievable, but I didn't think it was THAT great.

I'd say 7/10, it was funny but not anything special.

That's what everybody says the first time. Then you think about it a little more and watch it again, and then all of a sudden... you get it. It's kind of weird. Another movie like that was Napolean Dynamite. I thought it was only ok at first, but then I stumbled on the Napolean Dynamite soundboard. I've since watched it three times and am now going to buy it. ;-D

Give it a week or so and then try out the Office Space soundboard.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/officespace.html
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hastur » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:30 am

Just watched 'Bad Santa' last night for the first time. Some of it was forced, but most of it was downright freakin hilarious! I almost pee'd myself...
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby UTLonghorns » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:24 am

I saw Crash last night. Good god I think they said they dropped the F bomb every other word. It was ridicoulous. But still an "OK" movie.

6/10-CRASH
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby Homeless » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:44 am

I saw Stealth. wasnt as bad as some people have made out, but the storyline is very lacking.

5/10

Monster: only one reason to watch this movie and thats to see how ugly they made Charlize Theron look.

4/10
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby CC » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:10 pm

On Wednesday I went and saw Fun With Dick and Jane and I thought it was pretty weak. It was just kind of depressing, I only laughed really hard once and I was high.

5/10

On Thursday I rented Trainspotting and watched it. I thought it was awesome. Ewan McGregor did a great job and the plot was good and there were many memorable quotes.

"Some people hate the English, they're just wankers. We're colonized by bloody wankers!"

Showed the really bad side of heroin addiction and talked about the good side as well, better than Requiem for a Dream IMO.

9/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 1crzydmnd » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:20 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:I saw Office Space for the first time tonight. A lot of people had told me it was unbelievable, but I didn't think it was THAT great.

If you happen to work in the IT field (like I do), this movie is SOOO much funnier. All the stuff that is in this movie, is absolutely true in some form or another.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:01 pm

1crzydmnd wrote:

If you happen to work in the IT field (like I do), this movie is SOOO much funnier. All the stuff that is in this movie, is absolutely true in some form or another.

"Did you get the memo?"

LOVE that movie!
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby bklik » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:27 pm

Wolf Creek 2/10

Ugh, what a bomb. And they even had Tarintino (sp) hyping this film. 1st hour was boring, insert 10 minutes of horror, end film. Plot holes, inexplicable events, and just an empty feeling when it ends.

Dick and Jane 4/10

Jim Carrey being himself. Movie was alright, with a weak plot. Acting was okay. Never really laughed outloud.
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby footballchick23 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:59 pm

Saw Grizzly Man last night...it was really good up until the point you figured out they weren't going to play the audio of the attack...LAME! That would have made the perfect ending to the movie. Timothy Treadwell is one wacked out dude, that's for sure. I highly recommend this movie if you want to watch a truly mental person video taping himself. Anyone know if you can even hear the audio anywhere?
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Captain » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:00 pm

Metroid wrote:
1crzydmnd wrote:

"Did you get the memo?"

LOVE that movie!

That was a great movie......"Oh, she's going to see the "OH" face.....Oh, Oh, Oh.." downright hilarious. 1crydmnd is right about how true some of that is working in the IT field.

I watched Must Love Dogs - typical chick flick, pretty predictable with some funny lines. 6/10

Also saw The Interpreter - this was pretty good movie. Some of the plot was a bit twisty and hard to follow but Penn and Kidman were really good in it. 8/10

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk